Feeling insecure about having an Indian name. Is it really going to be a detriment?

I feel like girls won't want to date me because of that (in addition to being short). Is an Indian name a dealbreaker for you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel insecure about my name too. I am Chinese, and only o have a Chinese name while all of my brother's have normal America names. I hate it when teachers pronounce my name wrong, and when people copy my answers from homework and doesn't remember my name after wards. Bit remember, you have the most extraordinary name in the world, representing you as the most special person in the universe. Having a weird name? You and I just have to learn to deal with it. About the girls, one day she will walk into your life, pronouce your name correctly, and tel you that she doesn't care about your name at all. Wait for her, and she will come to you.

Most Helpful Guy

• which Indian? Asian Indian?

• Yeah, Asian Indian...

• Depends on the nationality of the girl.

• Well, I am primarily attracted to Caucasian girls. I am not FOB. I am Americanized and grew up here in America for 15/16 of my childhood... but still...

What Girls Said 6

• I would think that if someone was going to not like you for having an Indian name they may be more put off that you're Indian.. logic would dictate.

• I don't care about names and I'm sure other girls don't either :)

• A person who loves you will live you with everything that comes along with it.. I dated a guy who I never really thought was my type and now a yr later I'm so in love with him and everything we were diffrent with I love that about us

• Actually really depends on a person. This may seem weird but I personally am inerested in people with "weird" or unusual names. Or people that aren't my nationality. A lot of girls are like that as well. Not a deal breaker.

• Names usually dont matter.. If it makes you feel beter I also have a strange name some people can't even pronounce it... Guess that is what you get when you are a foreigner

• Indian names are like other names.
    Some sound nice, some sound beautiful, some sound not so nice, some sound yuck.
    To be honest, every country has nice and not so nice names.

What Guys Said 3

• If it bothers you so much, pick another name to go by. Or maybe even get it legally changed.

In high school, i knew a guy who's name was William, but he went by Tyler for literally NO reason. Sure, it was a little confusing flr the teachers because they all had him down as William, but everybody who knew him called him Tyler. In fact, i didn't even know his real name was William until a teacher said something about it.

• What is your name?

• i don't see why it should be.