Why do I always do this?

i was meant to meet this guy but i canceled on him and i know its a bad move to do but i just get so worried thats its going to go wrong or be awkward and i will bore him i really want to meet a guy but every time i get asked out i panic and back out does this mean i am always going to be alone

0|0
0|5

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you historically shy otherwise, or do you suffer from social anxiety? If yes, depending on the severity, overcoming your fears may not be as simple as facing them by taking the plunge. As facing your fears alone will simply unlikely cure you of your anxiety, or your feelings of being restricted. Especially if your self perception is unfavorable.

So have you? Do you?

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah i am a bit shy and do deal with a lot of anxiety thanks for ur help :)

• Show All
    • I see. Given your level of fear of dating, I suggest that you consider being evaluated or, at least, counseling. For many, overcoming such physiological and cognitive reactions are difficult, if not impossible, to achieve without assistance.

• k i will think about u have been a big help thank u

What Guys Said 4

• it means that you need to conquer your fear of rejection. basically what you are doing is rejecting a guy (by backing out of the date) in an effort to avoid rejection.

yes if you do not try and get over this fear of rejection and take a chance you will be alone forever; however, it is not impossible to conquer this issue. Just take the leap of faith. Realize that rejection is a part of life but without rejection, acceptance really would have little reward

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it just means you're scared. But you need to get over that fear. The only way to do it is to jump in and go. Remember your first time in a swimming pool? Or maybe riding a bicycle? Eventually the fear will pass.

However, you ARE wrong by backing out on the guys after making plans. That hurts them too. Give it a shot next time, you might be surprised!

0|0
    0|0
  • you just gotta get out of your comfort zone and experience it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rejection is never a nice thing, we all know that!! Unfortunately it's part of life but don't think too much about the chance you will be rejected... just meet with guys and don;t worry about how it will be!!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.