Guys - how do you feel about a woman not wanting kids?

EVERYBODY has an opinion and everybody is titled to an opinion, i'm curious to see how guys would answer this one.

If you found out a girl you like / are getting pretty serious with didn't want kids nor did she ever plan on having kids in the future, would that be a total and complete deal breaker in your relationship even if everything else was as close to "perfect" as can be?

I have a friend who had a relationship end because he wanted kids and she didn't, and it was a pretty abrupt end.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't want my genetic legacy to be removed from the gene pool just because someone else can't make a sacrifice for their own. If I were female, I'd still want to have kids for the same reason - I did not choose to be incapable of giving birth. If I could, I would. But I can't. As such, I need someone who is capable of it, and is willing to do so.

So I'd probably have to break the deal, considering surrogacy is extremely complicated.

What Guys Said 8

• For most people this would be a dealbreaker if they want to have kids, regardless of the woman. Some desires in life are just too powerful. And those that try to accept it, even though they want kids, tend to regret it later on in life.

• Dealbreaker when I'm young sure I will enjoy sex just for the sake of doing it but eventually in the back of all guys minds they're going to want kids.. preferably a son

• Why the preference for a son?

• Something about having a son would be really cool to me.. you know teach him sports, talks about the ladies, buying his first car just a father son thing. Don't get me wrong If I had a daughter I would love her just as much

• I respect a womans choice and wishes. I kove kids. Specially the small baby ones. But if my future wife/if i ever get one doesn't want kids i can live with it because i respect it.
    Helpfull? Or informative enough..

• It is a dealbreaker. A man's goal in later years is to build his own family and not just to be in a relationship with a girl. It would be hard to stay in a relationship when you have conflicting goals.

• Yeah, it would be a deal breaker for me too.

• I wouldn't mind it. i'd welcome it.

• I fairly sure that at some stage I want to have kids.

It would depend. If it was because of a medical reason I like to think I would stick with her. If she just didn't want them I probably wouldn't leave, though if I had more self confidence I might be more likely to.

• Well I want my family name to survive. I don't want to have kids at all RIGHT NOW but I've always dreamt of having sons and maybe a daughter or two. I would be heartbroken if I had a dimepiece who was perfect to me physically and as a person. I would have to break up with her and start all over before it gets too serious.

What Girls Said 0