Girls was your dad really strict about you dating?

Girls was your dad really protective. And did want you dating. Or was your dad open about you dating guys. When did he get comfortable with the fact that you were ahaving relationships and possibly sex

Most Helpful Girl

• For me its not just my dad its my 6 brothers also that I have to deal with when I date and my dad is always cold hearted to them and makes little remark and comment, but the thing is he only does it as a joke to see i the guy will joke back or tell him off, and my brothers do the same but after the guy talks to them gets to know them and all that they warm up and become friends with him... Like the guy i'm seeing now we aren't even dating yet and my brother steals him away from me every time he's over... and my dad use to steal my ex boyfriend Neil away to help him with his car...

Just look for a common interest with her dad and talk about it make it grow, for Christmas try buying him something he likes to let him know you appreciate him too. If you make him feel like you look at him as family he will start to warm up to you and look at you as the same. And ALSO treat his daughter right, every time she asks you to do something and he's right there jump the second she asks you because I know my dad looks at that as a sign of respect and that you are willing to help and won't be lazy and sit on your butt all day.

What Girls Said 5

• Right now, my father couldn't/won't give two shits about who I date.

But when I was younger he said as long as it wasn't a black kid it was okay (my family is full of racist belligerent assholes). Also the kid couldn't have his head shaved, or have really long hair.

Now, is it just me or does that sound really weird?

{I am going to state now that I am in no way racist; nor does it matter how one wears their hair}

• My Dad is very strict about my dating. I wasn't allowed to date until I was 16 and i have to ask him for permission before i date someone (I'm 18) and as a result when I've liked a guy I've been too scared to admit it and ended up dating them behind my parents backs. He's just not overly comfortable with me seeing guys unless he knows them and likes them etc.

• Me and my dad talk openly about relationships and sex, even though he likes to mock me about it. He's not over-protective, but he gives me great advice sometimes. I love my dad. <3

• my dad was strict but really cool and understanding

• My dad was strict. I remember, he always send me messages on ym just to remind me not to get a boyfriend until I graduate in college. Even though we're not in good terms now, I still don't have a boyfriend as a respect to my dad. :)

What Guys Said 0