Ask a girl out that is lower than my league? Good Idea?

I have been thinking about senior prom since freshmen year. It seemed so far away and strange back then. However it has finally rolled around and, being my last year of high school I feel I should step up to the plate a little more and try and get a date for a couple of the dances this year. I went to one last year with this one girl I thought could be a relationship however it never turned out the way I thought it would. The question now is about who to ask when there is no one I want a serious relationship with. There is this one girl that I like that has the best personality ever but if I decide to date her I might get hated on by my friends. She may be slightly less slim than I am. I mean that in the nicest possible way but the fact is she is a little chubby and I'm fairly skinny. I would like to go out with her but she is a step down from what I can date or what I think I can date. In addition if I decide to date her then what if another girl that is hotter turns out to like me. I would be in a very bad situation if that happened. Help?

Most Helpful Girl

• Your out of your own league if you have a legue...
    whats wrong with dating someone who doesn't look like you or act like you do?

In most cases thats not where you find love but where you find what you dont like and hate about yourself.

Think deeper than your friends and more into your OWN feelings. Your friends aren't your friends if they talk down on you for liking or dating someone who isn't like you.

Chance your pace if you stay in that mind set you will never advance in life and be a sad aged man.

I learned that when I got to senior year why care what others thinknif its you? Your feelings your mind?

And if a hotter slimmer girl comes by? Are you in it for lust or yor heart? If you go for lust you will never get that one girl back, and if you do thwn you will be stuck in an infinate loop of sorrow, self pity, and dirt.

You will be looked down on and you won't be the 'high and might league' youve set yourself up in.

Be yourself dont label or make yourself seem better than anyone becaus eif you act as if you are you aren't because you arw stunting your growth as a blossoming human.

What Girls Said 5

• No self respecting girl would want to date a guy who felt this way about her. the way you truly feel about someone will show through your actions, regardless if you think ur obvious about it or not. your shallow and rude and you need to grow up. nothing is wrong with being picky about looks if you can back it up, but you obviously cant. a hot guy who could pull bad bitches would never be considering this, so this says something about your league if ur even asking this question. stop worrying about what ur friends think. unless ur friends are pulling dimes they can't really talk about who ur dating. more than likely the chubby girl who u think u can do better than is actually in your league.

• Ew. then good luck in finding a girl, if you keep caring about what your "friends" think. that's shallow. You'll grow up and realize in time that personality is really important after first impression.
    Now put yourself in her shoes. How would you feel if let's say she found out you considered her like that and that you went with her because you needed a date. I mean, come on dude, it will destroy her self esteem...
    It's sad... she has a great personality, but it's overtaken by society's idea of beauty. Too bad no one falls in love with personality at first sight.
    Better try and get someone you "can" date. that way she will have dodged a bullet, and you will be happy and your so-called friends will approve too. I mean this with no rudeness, I just know what it's like to be thought as that and trust me, finding out will bash her self-esteem. So , either do what I said above, or ignore what your friends tell you and do what you feel :) Best of luck

• There is always the possibility of someone hotter coming along when you are in a relationship, but you are not in the relationship just for the looks of your partner. I don't see a problem with the fact that this girl is a bit chubbier than you, but I do see a problem in the fact that you think that she is not in your league because of it. If you really like her, go for it, but make sure it is not out of desperation (also you need to be considerate of her feelings, you don't want to lead her on and possible hurt her). At the end of the day, if you do decide to date her and your friends hate you for it, they are not good friends, they should support your decision, or at least give her the benefit of the doubt.
    Please don't hurt her

• If you truly liked her, you wouldn't consider yourself to be outta her league. Decide for yourself whether you kinda her, or if you really wanna be with her, your friends shouldn't play a role in that. Asking her to prom can't hurt anybody in my opinion:)

• It depends on what you want. If you really like this girl, you can go out with her & if your friends so anything, tell them that is your girl & you're proud of her. I know men care a lot about what other males think, but this is your love life, & your happiness is what matters. In the end, we all get older & looks fade, but a good personality lasts a lifetime.

What Guys Said 4

• You sound pretty shallow man, fix that first. But if you like someone and you're happy then go for it. Why seek approval of friends and if your friends don't seem to approve then it's basically saying they don't like seeing you happy, do they sound like friends? I'd wait a while till you know exactly what you want, could save a lot of possible upset

• But what if part of his attraction is based on shallowness AND that makes him happy. Wouldn't he be seeking approval from the people against shallowness by not listening to that desire?

• I'm not sure if you're not satisfied with her looks or if it's more about your friends' opinion. It sounds like you may want the perfect date, but you as far as you're aware that girl doesn't go to your high school so you'll ultimately have to settle. Good thing you can always date women after high school.

• I'm sick of guys having to lower their standers to get a GF when I see girls who look like they've had their faces ran off by a semi dating good looking guys. I say enough with the double standards if girls can approach good looking guys and hardly anyone says anything why can't we?

• You're shallow. Change that. Then go look for a girlfriend who you actually like and don't care what your friends think.