Would MMA put off girls?

Basically MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) is my hobby and I was wondering if it would put girls off knowing this. I'm not a violent guy, I try to be friendly and approachable and tend to stay calm and avoid confrontation if not necessary.
I only do it as I enjoy the extreme fitness and knowledge that I can defend my friends and family if necessary.
I do not talk about it at all unless someone I know asks about it and my studying also comes first.
Would this hobby makes girls avoid me like the plague?
I'm 18 by the way and it's only twice a week (can skip days if needed).

Most Helpful Girl

• i personally love MMA and i would like to take classes but i can't afford them, my cousin takes the class and tries teaching me but i dont see him enough

What Girls Said 5

• Why would that put a girl off? I think it's really cool when a guy is dedicated to something, be it soccer, MMA or drawing. You must also be really fit and toned, which is definitely a turn-on ;)

• NOPE! Every guy I've been with have done a martial arts of some sort. Then I found my soulmate who turns out to be a martial arts instructor; I met him in kickboxing and we caught each others eye.
    I didn't purposefully go for these guys because of their hobby; I was unaware of their hobby for the most part. I go for guys with ambition, hopes, goals, hobbies and determination which tends to come down to hobbies such as martial arts or personal fitness, so it wouldn't be a turn off.

• What... hell no this is not off putting at all. Its super freaking HOT actually. A guy that can back his stuff up and not have to prove anything... yep totally into a guy who know how to fight. Plus fighter as normally really nice guys. =) Plus you are into fitness which is awesome. Maybe find a gal who wants to learn about it and show her some take down move... wink wink ;)

• Um no lol I'm a girl and I do Martial arts

• It's risky but no. I'm not the right person to ask though because I kickbox...

What Guys Said 3

• Well I'm certified to teach Jeet Kune Do and to be honest most females have very little interest in real martial arts. A lot of them also have black belts from some McDojo that they got back in first grade and they think that makes them martial artists.

• Why does it matter, do what you like not what other people want you to do.

• Who the fuck cares? Seriously, why do half the dudes on here check in to make sure that girls will still like them if they chase a hobby or something? Just do it and quit worrying about girls. If you're afraid that they'll think you're some kind of raged out mother fucker and will beat them up, then that's a simple-brained assumption and they're not worth your time anyway.