How do you react when someone says they had a crush on you?

It has happened 3 times now where a girl has either gotten into a relationship or gotten over me and tells me that "by the I had the biggest crush on you las year/when I first met you/ etc". Why would someone do that and how is someone supposed to react?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think it's a way of paying you a compliment.. as well as to see how you would react to it, if maybe you had felt the same way.

i would probably respond awkwardly... like... "oh... cool..." lol

What Girls Said 4

• i will take it as a compliment and will be a bit surprised lol
    media.giphy.com/media/9VJyKZHmHfMPK/giphy.gif

• either they want you to know how they really felt about youor they are saying that to make you feel a bit better after going into a relationship or her getting over you?

• Just as a point of information

• When I was younger I use to do this thing when I would just stop talking to them ^^ I was just like no thank ya' lol

What Guys Said 1

• Yah, I have had this too a couple of times. Personally, on one hand it is nice and flattering to know that someone found me attractive and hearing that makes my day. On the other hand, to find out that someone liked me, but now they don't for whatever reason only depresses me because that is another woman I can't have. Basically to answer to your question, I try to be a nice guy as much as possible, and just say something like, "Ahh, that is cute, thank you, I am so flattered."