Can we still be friends?

One of my closest guy friends asked me out and I said we could try but then he ended it before we even went out on a date. Now things are awkward at school but I still want to be his friend. We were becoming really close before he asked me out and I want to go back to that but I don't know how with out making things awkward and or weird

Most Helpful Guy

• Well first things first accept how things are. He's attracted to you and you now know this things will never be the same. You have to be clear and do your best not to lead him on. That means cut back on the physical touch. That means introduce him to other girls. That means never giving in when you're lonely and thinking well maybe he'll do. No cuddling! Unless you feel a genuine interest and you genuinely want to date him do not give him hope. But don't be mean to him. I have quite a few female friends who liked me at one point. It's important to acknowledge that you know but continue to guide them towards others or help them understand why you don't think that you should date. It helps to focus on him being different and not less. Many people can take rejection as a sign that the other person doesn't find them good enough. It's best to do this through humor or just with a generally upbeat additude. Eventually a great friendship can bloom from this. My best female friend gave up on me but now she has me as a great friend and a husband she loves more than anyone else in the world who also likes me. (That's also important make sure their significant other likes you too). You just have to navigate carefully and pay attention if they don't seem like they can handle the friendship step away. If you don't think you can navigate his advances well step away because there will be more. He may hate you at times. But the biggest thing to remember is do not under any circumstances should you chase him. Do not beg for him to come back. It will make him feel like you want him (but not as a friend) and you will not get a friend back. If he wants to leave let him. You have to let go of them and the friendship. That doesn't mean ignore him or avoid him but just relax and allow him to come and go as he pleases much like you would do with any friend girl or boy. If you can't do this then it probably isn't a friendship it's something more that you are refusing to acknowledge.

What Guys Said 2

• He's the one who's making it weird when it doesn't have to be. You're willing and that's all you can do.

• Refrain from acting awkward. If you seem weird about it, he will also. On the other hand, if you act normal and friendly, he will likely follow suit. Approach him, be friendly, at act as if nothing between you two changed.

What Girls Said 0