True or false: girls and guys only like each other for shallow reasons?

girls only like good looking guys and guys only like good looking girls. they always go for the better looking one...

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone wants a partner who appeals to them physically... otherwise I'd say you're a hypocrite because no one will rationally want someone who they find bad looking. Physical attraction is important. But it's not the only thing. There also needs to be compatibility and chemistry. Otherwise the relationship won't work. It's not superficial. It's normal and how love works. You can't force attraction if it's not there. People don't go for the "better looking one". They go for the one they feel the most chemistry and attraction with.

• But can't it be superficial (it obviously is) and that be okay? Sorry it's a rhetorical question. I just don't see why we hide this except for lying for political correctness or to please someone.

• As I said... being attracted to someone's looks isn't necessarily shallow as there's a deeper meaning to it. That very physical attraction is rooted with chemistry and love as we know it. Being physically attracted to someone is not superficial in my personal opinion because it's tied to many complex things and reactions inside the brain. Attraction goes hand in hand with so many other aspects and elements of love.

What Girls Said 4

• in the beginning, yes.
    if the relationship progresses, those reasons deepen. the longer it lasts, the deeper the reasons become. simple.

• initially, sure. you're going to want the prettiest looking apple you can get.

• Not in my case. I am an attractive girl and I find that men only want me for the sake of saying that they got with me. I tend to go for men I get along with, not what they look like, but I also want to be attracted. In my opinion I go for men who are below me on the attractive scale because they are more sincere and hot guys tend to have no personality because all they care about is themselves and how many hot girls they can get with.

• I like my boyfriend because he's keen on details and goofy. Is that shallow?

What Guys Said 3

• First impressions can only be made by looks. You don't look at a slightly less attractive person and say "oh wow, I'm sure she is such a kind person, I'll talk to her". If you're not getting approached by the people you like you just have to find another way to show them how awesome you are.

• For me once a girl his a threshold to me physically, improved looks have diminished returns. I'm much more interested in her mind and attitude at that point.

• In 95 % of cases, it's true and no downvotes can change that fact ever.
    And those 5% who really love their crush are rejected by men and women 99% of times.