What Can I Do To Improve Self Esteem?

I'm 23 and never had a girlfriend or have had any romantic interaction with a woman. I'm insecure because girls were never interested in me when I was in high school. I don't go out very much due to anxiety but when I do women avoid looking at me now. I have serious body image issues stemming from my facial features, What can I do to improve my self and not be so intimidated around women

Most Helpful Guy

• God Damn dude, I think you're good looking (no homo). What do you think is wrong with your face?

It's 100% attitude. Start doing things to make you more confident. Learn how to play guitar... ever seen the kind of chicks rock stars get? Work out. Be interesting. Get things about you that you can be proud of.

Introduce "Opposite George" - if EVERY instinct you've had regarding women has been wrong, the the opposite has to be right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY

Start looking at self improvement and relationship YouTube sites. Dont go with PUA bullshit - but rather cultivate a personality and a way of thinking that will benefit you. Listen to the "Cult of Black Philip" videos on youtube. Patrice O'Neal (and Dante and Jeffrey Gurian) are masters at explaining women. Listen to Elliot Hulse's videos. Take that to heart.

What Girls Said 2

• The first thing you would definitely is confidence in yourself! That includes loving yourself, accepting your faults and your past, living in the moment, and taking life lightly. Your issue is pretty common and you can find a lot of helpful info on helpful self-help websites for advice. If you want some general tips, you could try working out, eating healthier, discovering a new hobby, investing more time in your interests, meditating, and even practicing looking people in the eyes. I hope this helps a bit to give you a push in the positive direction :+)

• I guess start laughing at yourself and everyone else. Goofy people are the best people, especially when they know how to make a girl smile. If feels good to make people smile and I know it will feel better to you to make the person you like smile.

What Guys Said 3

• Look at it like this. You don't own the world. You don't care shit who owns the world, you can still do what you please with it. That might get you started. Make sure it shows when you walk down the street. Don't feel the least bit intimidated by anyone. Hold your head up high, and look them straight in the eye.

Make eye contact with everyone when you first meet them, at least long enough to see what colour eyes they have.

If they want someone who looks different, it's their bad luck. You don't have to change.

• Hate how it is okay for girls to need or want a boyfriend for validation, to feel better about herself but not the other way around, us guys are not robots or androids

• What has worked for me is that I go out running in public. When I feel like it I casually wave to a fellow female runner, nothing is expected because we're doing our own thing but I gradually get used to greeting strangers in a non-intimidating context.

I get the experience of being around people yet I can still figuratively/literally run away lol. It makes me feel like I'm out there for a reason and not some loser sitting around waiting for someone to notice me. The other obvious benefit is that I become more fit in the process, and I've become more confident in my appearance and athletic ability.