Why is it so difficult to find a girlfriend?

I'm 23 single never really had a true relationship also Im really shy and intimidated by hot girls and finally I notice I get jealous whenever I see couples because its hurts me inside cause I wish I could have what they have. I understand I'm ugly but there's gotta be a way

Most Helpful Girl

• Why is it difficult to find a boyfriend? This guy says we are dating and he still has not labeled me his gf

• I also think every girl finds me repulsive so im scared to even take a chance and approach a girl

What Girls Said 2

• I'm from Singapore, very few girls will date a guy your age... mostly we go for late 30's and mid 40's... young guys are just so totally stupid... like still need mothers breast in every way. its repulsive.

your not ugly, but you sure sound like a baby ^^ and that's typical of 23 year old American.

why not go do something? take up a cause like Animal rights or what suits your character ~ you will find many girls to date... espically when your mature and own your own home, and have some virtues which stand out.

and why be jealous of couples? deepen in the ways which matter ~ be kind and happy for those couples.. being jelly is ugly and childish... if i ever noticed that quality in a guy i would be so revolted

your not ugly in your pic, you look pretty decent and strong... i just notice you have a big overbite tho, so might help in some ways to get braces, I had to get them and most people do... because if not then its forever the main thing they people will see when you talk to them.

anyway good luck, cheer up, because guys can get hot girls even when they are 60 :P so no huge rush

• "Young guys are just so totally stupid... like still needs mothers breast in every way."
      Lol. You wish you were right fellow Singaporean. Repulsive indeed, to see such a daft generalization from a dolt more shallow than a baby's pool.

But you are entitled to your own partial opinion, who gives a f*ck yeah. (:

• @Lisa_Zhang
      Hey girl, don't call @Jaron29 a bitch :' ( He isn't a bitch. He is the most altruistic, humane and gentlemanly guy that I have ever encountered; both on GAG and in real life. I feel so fortunate to have a friend like him! :-) I have not talked to ALL the young guys in America and Singapore or the entire world but I sure know that Jaron29 definitely isn't a bitch. I think this world would be a wonderful place and no girls would suffer from relationship heartaches like what we often read about on GAG if all the young guys have his personality. And I rarely compliment anyone like this :-)

• @Lisa_Zhang

@young guys are just so totally stupid.
      You are passing a sweeping statement here, girl. This is a hurtful remark. What if someone says that YOUNG WOMEN ARE JUST SO TOTALLY STUPID? The cognitive distortions in both cases here are: overgeneralisation, all-or-nothing thinking, disqualifying the positive, mental filtering and emotional reasoning. All young guys are NOT the same, just as all young women are NOT the same. Are you the same as ALL the other young women? :-)

• you say you never really had a true relationship but one on of your questions you say you had an ex girlfriend you had sex with in which there was pain as she was riding you, so was she not a true girlfriend? how?

• To be completely honest with you no because I loved her the feelings from her weren't the same because she ended up cheating on me. Also she had bad issues with drugs and I told her if she loved me she would stop you probably can guess what she chose.

• well you 2 were together, you were exclusive with eachother so she was your girlfriend

What Guys Said 5

• Girls are complicated, both girls and guys are picky, this limits the possible matches by a whole lot. The biggest issue for you is your personality.

Getting jealus isn't a healthy way of thinking and you should just stop going there. Looking at yourself as ugly is the same as lowering your selfrespect which I think almost all girls find unatractive. The fact that you're shy and intimidated by hot girls... well, you have to find a way around that. Everybody will tell you to be yourself, but the best way to get around this is to basicly put on a mask and act like you're not a shy person, be straight up. You will feel okay with it as it really can be compared to hiding behind a mask.

• I understand you bro.. My situation is very similar to yours. I am a very shy person too and it's very difficult for me to talk to an unfamiliar girl. The only exit I could advise you is to try some dating sites like https://www.okcupid.com or http://www.originclub.com You can also use mobile apps as Tinder or Hot or Not. Be patient and you'll find your love. Good luck!

• Hate how us guys still have to be the initiators because being an introverted guy doesn't make tit natural for us introverted guys

• I've been wondering the same question for over 30 years...

• "Im really shy and intimidated by hot girls"
    "I get jealous whenever I see couples"
    "I understand I'm ugly"

Found your problems for you. Do these strike you as traits that would make a person WANT to be around you or with you?