Question for the girls. This girl is suddenly into me and I've known her for a few months now?

I met this girl a few months ago (in person) and I liked her a lot. I asked her if she would like to go out sometime and she said I was too young for her. I'm 23, I believe she's about 30. Anyway, we've been talking and helping each other out with dating advice (ironic, I know), and today, out of the blue when I was texting her, she seemed like she was flirting with me and answering my texts back within a minute or two. So I took a chance and asked her if she would like to get some drinks. She responded less than a minute later and said yes. I'm not sure if it's a date or not and I doubt she does either. I'm just not sure what to make of this or if she's into me, or whatnot. She's cute, but I thought we were friends, so I'm not sure how to feel about this. My friend at work says she seems really into me, but I'm just confused with the situation. I would be fine if she wanted to start dating, but I'm not sure if she feels the same way. We always tell each other about new dates we go on, and we help each other out. She helps me out more, since she's older, but it's strange because now I can't actually ask her since it involves her. This conversation that we had was no different than any others, so I don't know what changed. Girls, I need advice please.

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like she's into you! A girl doesn't just randomly start flirting with a guy friend unless she's interested! Trust me, I know. I think it's refreshing when a guy just up front asks how she feels about him so you can just know for sure! She might just be unaware of her flirtatiousness, so I would ask her what is going on in time.

• She's either playing along with you because she thinks you're cute and likes your personality (still just a friend in her eyes), she just has that "down for anything" type of personality and just wants to drink, or she could be genuinely into you suddenly-deciding to ignore the age difference (the mutual flirting). You'll have to eventually ask her because your feelings will only get stronger for her while she may be oblivious and friendzone you.

• Ok thanks. Well earlier I asked her if she wanted to talk on the phone tonight, and she said yeah , 8 o clock is fine. I tried calling her, no answer. I sent her a text and asked if she was busy, no answer. So I just tried her again 5 minutes ago and she hung up before it went to voicemail, which is weird. I have no idea.

• I just feel in an awkward position now because she won't answer my calls or text, and now I'm thinking that god knows what she's thinking about all this. I have no idea what to say to her that will make her talk to me (again i have no idea why she's ignoring me) and at the same time won't make her run away, especially since we already had a friendship and I have no idea where it's at now. I don't know if I'm trying to keep the friendship or get a date, or what she's even thinking. Of course maybe I'm over thinking it. It's just annoying when you make a plan, and a girl doesn't stick with it and doesn't let you know anything. It drives me up a wall.

• Yeah I can imagine how much that sucks. The ball is in her court, so she's probably playing with you, but you never know... i think she could very well be into you (all the flirting and whatnot)-just give her more time. For her it's prob not the best time or something. I wish you the best!

What Guys Said 0