I've been on 3 dates with a guy and I walked in on him sitting on the toilet - what do I do now?

I've been on 3 dates with this guy and the other night he invited me over for dinner. When I walked into his house, he yelled out "Hey, I'm over here, down the hall on the left". I turned the corner - he had the bathroom door open and was sitting on the toilet! I said sorry and went to walk away, but he said it was no big deal, that he has an "open house", meaning that people can "do and say as they please without feeling judged or embarrassed"(he has 2 small. kids, btw). I freaked out and made up an excuse to leave. He's been texting/calling me to talk about it but I'm so turned off. What do you think about that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd avoid him for a number of reasons.

1. The most important is the fact that he has 2 small kids of his own (from what I interpret from the story) and is inviting you over after only 3 dates. This means he's exposing his kids to potential partners and this is psychologically damaging to children's minds. If things don't work out and he keeps inviting women over these children are gonna be scarred for life.

2. He took no consideration to whether or not you were comfortable and imposed something way beyond your comfort zone without warning. To me it's the equivalent of him wanting to go on a date with you while he wears absolutely no clothes. It's only 3 dates. Even if he is "comfortable" others may not be.

I honestly think you should run like hell. He may be acting like you're "not open minded" but seriously, he's not in any right state of mind at all.

• His kids were with his ex, btw, so they weren't home. Yeah it's a bit too "open" for my taste. Down the road when you know someone better but not when you're trying to impress them. It's a boundary issue and this may extend to other areas of his life.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm sorry if this comes out wrong, but I laughed at this. It's like a Seinfeld moment. What was he doing? Number 1, 2, or "the other thing"? The funny part is that he has an "open house". I'm sorry but that's just weird. I would have been pissed when you left, but I wouldn't be taking a dump with the door open, especially with a date coming over. I'm sure it's no big deal though, he didn't do anything wrong, it's just weird. The situation is just funny.

• I kinda laughed also

• to the original poster.. i say wipe his ass and call the cops.

• I agree with this dude. I don't even talk about "toilet adventures." The guys you've dated are just weird.

• It's really about your taste if that's just too much and you don't like it then move on. If you think you can talk about it and be okay with it then call him back and talk!
    -Good Luck!

• so what he has door open when taking a dump me and my wife never close any doors inside our home and I grew up same way call him and tell him you will go out again with him

• He has no class. Taking a crap in front of anyone is a classless act let alone someone you barley know. I guess he thinks smelling someone else's shit is a turn-on.

• you should have given him a blumpkin (blowjob while he's taking a shit)

What Girls Said 2

• When I first dated my fiancĂ© he'd always go with the door open. At first I though it was weird especially since we showered together but he'd shut the door if he was showering by himself but not when he was going to the bathroom. Now we just joke about it.

• I don't think it's a big deal, I just don't see why he's tell you to come where he is if he knew he was taking a shit. That's kind of gross. He may just be one of those really open people who are really comfortable with everyone they meet. If you actually liked the guy, I'd say give him a chance.