Whats with women making the statement that there are very few "real men" nowadays?

Because nowadays most women that cross my path aren't even girlfriend material, let alone wife material. If you minus out single moms, retarded party girls, women on medication with mental issues, masculine acting career women, and feminist, the percentage of women worth wasting time and effort on is slim to say the least. Because beside having sex with them (which is always a risk for men nowadays) I don't see anything "real" about most women.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's because men aren't giving women everything anymore. We don't do 100 percent of the work anymore so women don't get the luxury of doing nothing

• What's wrong with giving a little to a woman? When i'm in a relationship, my girl is the only girl in the world. Most guys aren't even CLOSE to doing anything like that. Guys are just as guilty as girls nowadays. People in general are getting lazy, arrogant, and have this new found sense of self centeredness that they can do anything they want. There are good people out there, but it's part of the culture of this generation to be honest.

• @prog91 - Great comment, while I do think there are great men & women still today, there are definitely a lot people (of both genders) who have the characteristics you described. I hope you find a girl who is as giving to you as you are to her, good luck.

• Thank you matrix124. I appreciate the nice gesture.

What Girls Said 13

• So then it seems balanced. A few real men for a few real women. Everyone else = holograms

• Because to men the ony critera to be considered worthy of relationship is not fat and pretty face.
    Women are superior to men in this because they look at it in the healthy way way where certain parts of his looks can be compromised to an extent if he's a good human being who is fair, who has a great personality and sense of humor and is responsible regardless of income. So men deserve the hate imo, because they ignore the most important part of the human being and invest thier time solely due to appearance which is stupid considering looks fade. Women know this. This is why you will see gorgeous women with ugly men JUST to spite men who wouldn't give them the time of day if they were fat. Though some men are not this vapid, stupid and shallow. Some extremely handsome men I have found to be the nicest (as well as some chubby yet otherwise goodlooking men). The more you have the more generous they were and understanding. That's because they understand that looks aren't everything, they would know! It's usually those poor or lacking in looks who are the most greedy and hateful/rude.

• Funny that it's a risk for men nowadays to save sex with women when it's been a risk for women since the beginning of time. Bout time you all joined us in our fears.

Now what's with all these men these days all saying "why do women?" Why lump all women together like that? How is that fair to us? That's like me saying why do me rape people all the time? Why do men beat their wives? Why do men cheat every chance they get? Why do men smell bad? Do these all apply to you simply because you're a man and some men have been documented to do these things?

• *gasps* you can't be implying that there is a double standard can you?

• Because they all shave their chests? bahahaha Most women who say that are the "strong" "independent" type that need to realize they have unrealistic expectations on men and relationships or they are "superficial" type and looking for a provider (sorry competition is pretty high ladies) Not only that if you think the reason you are alone and can't find someone is because there are no good men ( I will even change this to women but omit the last part) out there then you are missing one common denominator and need to do a few more years of reflecting on your own role in relationships while your biological clock ticks louder and louder. As for men who say there are no 'good' women. There are but you also want us to be lookers but considering how hard female images are pushed in media you really shouldn't blame women for 'being fake'. The one who are not attractive are so self conscious they end up being fake to try and attract men who more than likely only want sex. It's not good for men or women in this society.

• Your question seems to have a bit of a bitter tone. But I can see where you are coming from.

I think it comes down to the fact that we want our match and don't want to settle. On both ends! I've been on the dating scene for the past couple years and find it hard to find a guy who has his life together (education, job, living on his own, has goals…etc) The reasons these traits in a guy are important to me is because those traits are things that I've accomplished and I want someone who values the same things in life. An average looking guy with his life together and knows what he wants is a lot more attractive to me than a hot stud w/o any education/no career who is just "figuring out what he wants in life."

A lot of the women saying there are "few real men" are basically bitching about the same thing you are, with not having any worthwhile women. There are plenty of real men out there just like there are plenty of worthwhile women, its finding them that's the hard part. Especially when everyone's expectations are so damn high.

• Women make these "real men" statements because some men are not real men they only want to fulfil their desires. Real men prove they love a girl nowadays there are many fake people. Some men don't respect a woman and her feelings. The "real men" real men don't rape. Take that into account /this is derived from that.

• You're right. There's very few real men left and very few real women left.

• Someone's a little bitter...

• I wouldn't say that, as I think there are a lot of nice guys out there. But I am insulted that you look down on women who have to take medication, as I have anxiety, & take anxiety medication. I don't think people should look down on others for suffering from issues like this, it's very common, & it's not easy to deal with. Have a little compassion.

• *Asks question about women saying there aren't real men
    *Makes statement/rant about women not being "real"

• Well if members of the female gender want to state that there are no real men nowadays, go ahead. Most women I come across, beside the possibility of having sex with them and moving on, most of them aren't even worth the time effort for anything long term. Now how's that for "Real"?

• You just proved my point, lol.

• "Masculine-acting"? God do I hate gender roles.

However, I'm not sure what you mean by this because I never see it i my daily life. When I think of a "real man" I think of the same qualities that makes someone a "real woman" which includes responsible and respectful. Anything else (like what I think you're talking about" is a shitty gender role

• What a load of nonsense. Your answer assumes that the qualities men are attracted to in women and what women are attracted to in men are the same, or even similar, which is complete bullshit and hiding that bullshit behind "gender roles" is disingenuous.

• Being an adult doesn't mean wearing makeup and pink dresses it means being responsible and root unnecessarily disrespectful

• Whirrrrrrrr...

That was the sound of what I wrote zooming right over your head.

• It probably because they've never met much good guys in life. I don't believe that anyway. I also think you dont meet the right women also to make that statement

What Guys Said 5

• when you mention riskof sex with these women are you refering to the rape claim that comes from a lot of them? if so thats why you dont sleep with women you dont know and dont intend to be in a relationship with

• Simply put traditional women are the real women they value you, friendship and family values. While the modern women's focus more on work and less on family and thinks she can have it all. But in reality you can't you have to sacrifice something.

• It's simple.
    "REAL" men = guys who are perfect: loaded, tall, look like a model are smart but not too smart, fun but not a clown, and all the retarded shit women want.

Since of course as they get more successful the hypergamous instinct of women drives them to want STILL better men , teh pool of said men grows smaller.
    So hence the cry of "where are the REAL men ?"

• It's basic human psychology.

It's a defensive response to the ever-expanding consciousness of the fact that the changes brought about over the last 50 years by the women's movement have mostly had just the opposite of the desired effect.

Women have become less feminine, less happy, less valuable, and most importantly in the context of this question... less desirable.

Good men are increasingly realizing they don't have to settle for "modern women" and are turning their backs on them in favor of more traditional ones who value family and relationship over ambition.

Modern women have an unprecedented sense of entitlement and believe they deserve the best men the world has to offer. When they are unable to attract (and keep!) a good man, those disheartened women inevitably become bitter and blame men for their failures. In their own minds they believe there are few good men today but the reality is that all the good men are choosing better women, who unsurprisingly are not inclined to spend their time on the internet complaining that "there are no good men anymore".

Simple psychology.

• Less valueable? Women aren't merchandise. Men have just been trained to see women as anything but human mere mannequins. It's a woman's failure if they weren't born white or black or skinny or fat? Wow. No, honey. Most men see women as decorations first and foremost and THAT will always be why women resent men. Not one women on this earth wouldn't secretly want you to your break leg for being so empty and single-minded. Don't you understand that? Regardless of what the woman looks like if you don't treat her like a person or try to use her she'll hate you, justifiably.
      It's ridiculous you say that women feel entitled. Most men feel entitled to the best of women when women are more well-rounded and fair in their evaluation of men.
      Models and actresses who they themselves have felt the "iron fist of the Patriarchy" are lashing out and reaching out to women to help them NOT develop an eating disorder for a measly fucking man when in reality no man is worth doing that for.

• " "Hugh Hefner's playboy lifestyle was funded by powerful people to homosexualize men and destroy society by destroying the family?"
      WTF? Where the hell did you come up with such nonsense? Feminism is to blame for those things, not some rich, powerful conspiracy. LMAO."

Yeha, lol, because women alone are to blame for the divorce rates. If the woman causes the divorce it is because she is a militant feminist and needs help to resolve her issues.

• When you check your facts maybe you can come back and argue this wih me. Feminism was created and funded by the Rockefellers, you can check that if you wish. Rockefellers are a pretty sinister family. Monogamy is based trust there is even science to support why we have as a species have evolved to desire this, polygamy isn't based on this except in a few Homosexuals don't need monogamy as there is no child to tend for naturally. Besides, what DON'T the rich and powerful infuence, lol? The world is their oyster to tamper with unbeknownst to th

• They don't want to face the possibility that somehow they're at fault for not being with a "real man". Of course they've got no faults, it's everyone else that is the problem. It's a typical perspective for someone who has gotten meaningless compliments all their lives, yet little to no meaningful relationships.