If sex comes too early in the dating, do the guy loose interest in the girl? Please share your opinion?

Is having sex in the second date too early? when is a good time to have sex with the guy that you are dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• Long term relationships are first about understanding if you have common interest and life values. This takes time to talk about different aspects, hopes and dreams, likes and dislikes. I would suggest you won't know much until 4 dates or more. It depends what kind of relationship you want.
    Sometimes if a guy really likes a girl he may want to be sure he is not rushing into a sexual relationship which will burn out when they find out that really they are not so compatible.
    On the other hand he may be happy with a simple sexual relationship thinking that it is not going to go long term anyway.
    You want a firework or a long burn?

• Thanks for your comment. I like your perspective.

• I had sex with mine after the third date. I actually become more interested in her after that. Depends on the individual.

What Guys Said 4

• I personally feel that having sex before being in a committed relationship is too early, whether its the first or 100th date.

• How can you be in a committed relationship if you don't know if there is chemistry between both of you? How do you know if you connect physically and enjoy intimacy if you don't have sex?

• See, this is the key. You can get the idea of chemisty by doing other sexual stuff like kissing, making out etc. But the actual act of sexual intercourse should definitely be saved until you get into a relationship. Many guys (but not all) may feel that once they have had sex with a girl, there is nothing more for them to 'explore' about her and so might lose interest in her. But if you wait until you're in a relationship, it would keep them guessing and also help in developing an emotional bond. So sex after that would be much better, and also very less chances of the guy losing interest because the emotional connection makes him stay.

• I've been in relationships 6 months and longer having sex on the 2nd or 3rd date.

There are guys out there that prefer sexual play early in the dating process AND want long term relationships with the same girl.

It's mainly the insecure guys who get turned off of a relationship by having sex after 1-3 dates.

• It all depends every situation is different but yes the second date would be too early and I would loose interest if I just met you but if you have known each other for awhile prior to dating, then maybe not.

• Depends on the guy

What Girls Said 2

• If you have sex before you've developed any connection, then maybe. But if its clear its heading in a good direction, I don't think it ruins anything.

My SO and I had sex on the third date. Each date had been at least 7+ hours, during which we didn't stop talking, laughing, and then flirting. Once we kissed (second date) the chemistry was undeniable. Sex came naturally and we certainly have no regrets, 9 months later.

• Yes it's too early. I say you are better playing it safe. While some men won't stop pursing a relationship because they had sex first enough will that having sex before monogamy is not worth the risk. I wouldn't have sex before the guy has clearly asked you to be monogamous and also makes you feel comfortable that he is serious about you.

• well said.

• To confirm what you say. Human nature is we want more what we do not have yet and when we have something easily we often do not value it.