Ladies, if you've had a bad relationship with your father or dislike for your father how has that affected you?

As the question states. So how has this affected your ability with regards to romantic or sexual relationships?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm pretty sure that my relationship (or lack of a relationship to be more accurate) is a big part of why I have such awful trust issues and commitment issues. He was never around which pretty much planted the idea in my head that men are unreliable and cannot be trusted. Even though I logically know that all men are not bad, I just cannot bring myself to be emotionally intimate with men. It doesn't matter how amazing the guy is, I always find myself subconsciously pushing him away.

It's like I have a war going on between my heart and my head. My heart wants desperately to find my "soul mate" to share my life with, but there's always a voice in the back of my head telling me otherwise.

What Girls Said 8

• I never really had my dad there for me. It was difficult for me and that's why I never got into a relationship. If the man whose suppose to love you unconditional, never loved you or even took you as his own child, then how is someone supposed to love you. That's why I have issues with trusting etc.

• I don't have a relationship with my father even though we're under the same roof. He distinguished and doesn't treat his kids fairly (i have half-siblings), i dont expect anything from him, and i feel i have grown up with no father basically.

That means i don't deal with men. I dont date much and if i do, and they cause a little drama i just cut them off and dont look back.

• My father used to say bad stuff about me constantly, and do whatever he could to bring me down. Thankfully he's not here anymore but its still left me doubting myself

• My father abused me physically and mentally. He threatened me and said really harsh things. He's never had a son and got mad at the fact that I was a female so he got mad at my mother and me. He still acts that way, and he thinks he can plan out my future.

• My father wanted to throw me into river because he wanted a son not a daughter...
    ya.. it hurts like a hell.. and than you can't trust on other guys...
    and it effects on self-respect as well..
    i hate him... and he is dead , thanks to God

• My father was a great person, but just not that good as an actual father. Hard to explain. But yea, because of him, my standards in dating are set pretty high. It's probably why I've never had a bad boyfriend in my life to, and I'll always be grateful of that. I think because my standards are set so high, I give of a different vibe, because shitty guys who approach my friends never approach me and I've been extremely lucky when it comes to dating and relationships

• A jacked up father-daughter relationship can scar a woman really bad and does usually negatively affect her relationships with men, but most women mature and realize that the culprit is not her, it's the father and him not knowing how to communicate with her. If she's wise she'll go on a journey to discover who her real Father is.
    Any type of abuse can scar someone, but people do heal.

• Um.. He always puts me down which is why I have such low self esteem, he yells at me a lot which is why I'm always in a bad mood, but as for relationships I dont date at all because he doesn't allow me too.

What Guys Said 0