Is online dating the best way to meet guys if I'm not interested in anything serious?

NOT looking for sex, either!
I just want to meet guys. Have a date here and there. Good conversation, good company and perhaps a good cup of coffee or something. I just want to even make male friends. I feel lonely for male company, but also, I'm not ready to date. I need more time as a single woman (I was married and with my ex for like 10 years).
I don't know if online dating is good... I just meet nobody in my daily life. Not at work, not out with friends.

I'm so shy to consider online dating. Very intimidated and don't want to give the impression that I want sex or that I want anything serious when I do not

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should stick with your current situation. Those sites are not for you, you should have someone better.

• All those people are looking for sex one way or another.

• You're not into a relationship, so it shouldn't matter who they are as such. You can just be social with everyday people or skype. I don't see this coffee thing working. Guys are too selfish mostly and you may end up doing something you regret.

What Guys Said 4

• I think so, I have met a lot of good friends online I also met my ex online :) As for good conversations I've had many of those through Skype :)

• So you want to use a dating site to make new friends? Purposely friendzoing men on a dating site is not cool. If you want to make friends use other online services to do so.

• Lol "friend zoning" by being upfront? Ok hon

• You're not looking for anything serious nor sex...

AND you want to have a date here and there...

You want to make male friends...

ARE WE LIVING IN THE SAME WORLD?

• Craiglist > plesssure and services

Try choosing dudes with not repeating digits.

What Girls Said 2

• Did it end a long time ago? there's no one you like at all? I would chill with guys you know if you got any. Whats stopping you going out to meet people?

• Honestly, I wouldn't suggest it. Because you don't really know anything about them. I get numerous messages asking for me to hook up and meet up. Which is dangerous. Beware of the catfish! Not all guys are like this, but do not let your guard down and assume for one second that the guy you're talking to is Prince Charming.

If it's just chatting, good conversation; then by all means, this site is perfect! Have at it, and have fun. Just don't get in too deep. Don't do anything that you wouldn't do in your life. Don't let anyone pressure you. Online things are worse because once it online it's online and that person can do whatever they want with it. Don't give out any information, any inappropriate photos (I don't know… Just saying)

Anyone can be whoever they want to be online. I mean… Or both on anonymous right now.