How do you find someone if its impossible to see yourself attractive?

I literally cannot see myself as attractive, and have no concept on what good looking on a guy is anyways. Am I doomed to be depressed and alone or just depressed?

Most Helpful Girl

• You'll never find someone if you can't accept yourself and love yourself. It scares people away. Not just from a girl's point of view but I'd imagine that even for guys it must be tiring to have a partner who is always insecure and looking for confirmation from you. Once you have some confidence you'll open yourself up to more opportunities and in this way, meet many new people.

• I don't really care about my looks, it just seems everyone else focuses on it. I only focus on health and cleanliness.

• Yeah well that is pretty important... just remember it's not just looks. Looks are only part of attraction. Sometimes you just feel that feeling towards someone and other times you don't. It's a hit or miss but don't think it's always your looks. It's really on a fraction of what makes love happen.

What Girls Said 2

• Not loving oneself leads to esteem issue. Physical attraction is the first thing people are attracted to each other, but looks go only so far, personality comes in thereafter. We need to be attracted to the person before we can proceed to next level. Lack of self confidence is one factor that going to push people away.

• You need to work on yourself before you can accept someone else to want you

What Guys Said 3

• i want to be like my ideal image

• Try working out, that usually helps when you're trying to make yourself feel a bit more attractive. It doesn't work very quickly, but it should help sooner or later.

• You got to use your personality to help make up for your lack of physical aesthetics. There's someone out there for you, you just got to find them.