How do I fake confidence or stop struggling with such low self esteem?

I am really shy and honestly very insecure and self conscious for a lot of reasons, mainly the fact that I am 21 now and still never had a kiss or date. I find it hard to look girls in the eye or even talk to them because I am afraid of them not liking me. How do I fake confidence and appear that I don't have low self esteem? I just feel ugly a lot or just too weird to be likable. Other than that I would say I am a normal guy in terms of what I do with my life. Does anybody else have this problem?

Most Helpful Girl

• I always feel the same way. The solution? Focus on yourself. Don't like the way your body looks? Work to change it. Have huge confidence issues? Work on a hobby to get your mind off it and when you feel like it's time to bounce back then go buy a whole new wardrobe to feel better. I think shyness is cute and if I had a insecure boyfriend then I would love to tell him how much I love all the things he says are flaws and point out all the things that make him attractive. Hell I would say it everyday. Your not ugly. Trust me. If I were you I would start off seeing a girl as a friend so then your comfortable with her and over time you will develop feelings and bam! First kiss, first love, first girlfriend.

What Girls Said 2

• I used to be that way and think that way. But I just had to stop thinking and worrying about the what ifs. Because those ruin your confidence. And you're definitely not ugly. So don't r sorry about that

• Most people can see through fake confidence.

What Guys Said 2

• The source of confidence is exaggerating ur good points, and "fixing" the negative points that can be fixed (physique, dress style, conversation skills)

• Don't worry about it dude, she's already not going out with you if you don't ask, so just ask someone out, the worst case is she still isn't going out with you.