My friend and I like the same guy?

Ok so me and my best friend like the same guy. I don't usually like guys, but when I do I crush really hard. As for my friend she usually likes a lot of guys and ends up having things with them. Right now she has 5 boys which she has a thing with. She even asked me if she could have the guy and I didn't reply because I actually do really like him. Me and the guy flirt a lot. And I know my friend is trying to do the same because she always was boys flooding her and liking her and I don't. My friend knows I like him but still trying with him. I told my other best friend and she agreed with me, I should be able to have the guy but my other friend is still trying to get him. I'm probably repeating a lot but I really need advice

Most Helpful Guy

• Dont try to compete. This girl seems all over the place.

You can't just crush on a guy and hopefully it will work out. You gotta put in work. Ask him out, do stuff and then you xan try make things a little official but saying you wantto get to know him better.

Does this girl have a boyfriend? If not, and if you score him, if she has a problem with that, tell her she is the one that didn't make a move and you got him fair and square.

If she's really pissed about it i would honestly just end your friendship. She might try to sabotage things, be really bitchy etc. Stick witg the good people. also dont bring him up in your conversations.

What Guys Said 4

• Only neophytes compete for people's affections. You two should flip a coin, is one guy worth friendship with your best friend. "You don't chase people you love because its only lust, you fall in love with the person you were meant to be with."

• move fast and have the guy before your friend

• If this guy likes you above your friend, then, really, you have little to concern yourself over. Decisively, he will choose you, regardless of her advances, and that will be that.

To my understanding, did she not ask you to essentially back off? If yes, did you? No? Then, you should not have any expectation of her to do the opposite. In such a case, the boundaries are fine and thin. She has every right to like this guy.

In any event, do allow a guy, whom is not exclusive to you, to come between you and your friend.

• If she knows you like him and she has other guys she's messin around with but is still trying to pursue him then she is not a very good friend. The saying bros before hoes goes for women to but in this case it doesn't really sound like she is a ride or die type friend. What you need to do is tell her you really like him and politely ask her to back off if she doesn't you might want to end that friendship and just go after the guy. If he likes you he will see her for what she is and stay away from her. If for some reason he doesn't then you know that neither one of them were any good for you. Good Luck

What Girls Said 2

• Trust me, Im speaking from experience..
    Just forget about it.
    If they guy is going along with both of you and flirting with you both then he's not the guy you wanna date. The guy you should go after is the one that tries! and shows you that he wants to be with you. Plus if you friend is that selfish than let her have him. It won't go far I promise. Girls like that don't get much. They are just a goof fun time for guys and just temporary

• It's not worth ruining a friendship, unless you both agree you WANT to work it out. Write out a list of reasons you like him, and a list of reasons you don't. Have her do the same.
    If your pro-list has only a few things on it, then it may be time to give up the guy. But if your is longer than hers and the reasons are more complicated and reasonable, then you can talk it out to see if she could drop the guy for you.
    Talk it out, all the reasons, and really decide,
    AS FRIENDS who should get the guy. If she isn't participating how she should, maybe the friendships over.