To those who have given pity dates, why did you do that?

For those people, men and women, who have given someone a pity date, I would like to ask you why you did that and how did it turn out? No judgment (from me, I can't guarantee others of course), I'm just curious.

Most Helpful Girl

• I friendzone dudes so i don't have to pity him. Just cause I'm not into him doesn't mean he and I can't be friends :)

• Haven't you heard? The friend zone doesn't exist.
      I wrote a question about the infamous friend zone. Perhaps you'd like to take a look at it.
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q948754-why-friend-zone-someone-knowing-prolongs-the

• You're welcome, RaeBae. And yes, RaeBae, I do say RaeBae a lot. I think it's funny, RaeBae, that I say RaeBae a lot, don't you think so, RaeBae?

• Lol is it because it rhymes lol (ray-bay)

What Girls Said 8

• My husband has given up sex so I look for it elsewhere. I obviously want no strings, and yes pity dates do work for me. I'm up for fun for a night or 2, then thats it.

• Wow. I'd like to ask you more about your husband and his giving up sex. Would you mind if I message you?

• feel free

• I personally have never gone on a pity date. I lead a busy life, so I see it as a total waste of time to go out with someone I'm not attracted to. But I have girlfriends who've done it. They said, and I quote, "Hey, it's free food and drinks! It's not like he's gonna get into my pants anyway!" Yeah, I'm not proud of them for doing this either. But I guess this is how some women think.

• If their attitude is one of free food and drinks, then perhaps that's not pity at all. It's... opportunistic? Would they ever consider paying for themselves?

Aside from the total waste of time factor, do you take into consideration the feelings of the guy, thatgirl10000?

Out of curiosity, is your name an homage to the TV show?

• I can't like a guy before I get to know him. Looks can please me for a moment, but do nothing for me.
    So I went out on a few dates to just get to know them. I didn't take it as pity, or as interest. Just neutral. =/

• Bored, Did not know how to say no. I dont do that anymore.

• I never have, but it's because people can't say NO. They feel they owe the person and feel badly for them. It's just not good for everyone involved.

• Yes i ended up going out with a guy just out of pity. I've known him for a while and he constantly asks me out... Well one time i was just like "fine whatever ill go out with you, just stop asking already!!"

The date ended up actually not sucking too badly. In the end we went on a few more dates before eventually making it official and going out together lol :P

The reason i didn't want to go out with him was because i had been through something traumatic and didn't want to bring any of that into a relationship. Also him being a friend, i didn't want him to find out about what i had been through... Might have been stupid reason but whatever!! :P

• A friend of mine once did that, and ended up liking that man.

• I wouldn't call it a "pity date." but i'll go out with a guy at least one just to see.

What Guys Said 1

• it doesn't seem right to date someone out of pity as its not real there is no spark no passion and it will only hurt the other person when you eventually break it off especially if they were really into you