What is it going to be like when I find the right girl?

I'm a guy without many female friends, there are a small handful that I have hung out with that I'm not really all that close with and hardly see anyway... everyone goes their own way anymore, but my point is, I really don't have ANY female friends lol. So it's not like there's a girl that's right in front of me, or that could potentially go on to become a girlfriend at some point in time.

One thing about me, is I've never been popular with girls, so finding the right one sometimes seems impossible since it's hard to even come across any girl that might find me interesting. But there are a lot of reasonably attractive girls around, but I am very particular about them. I have a specific type of girl that I look for, and sometimes I do find myself mysteriously attracted to girls of a different type, but nothing has ever really overcome me to want to take a shot at asking them out.

I just wonder when it will finally hit me, and when I will actually succeed. Is it ever going to happen like I see this girl, and immediately I'll be like, "I have to do this or I'll regret passing up this opportunity," or is that an overly idealistic fairy-tale of a thought? Like will I see a girl and just know that she's going to be significant to me for some reason, or will it be a much more gradual process?

I just have to wonder how some people seem to find their S. O.'s so easily, or how some people break up with someone and then within a month or two, they're already dating someone else. I can't fall for someone so easily like that, or just pick someone typical that's fairly attractive off the street and want to date them. I look for everything in a girl... and I've talked to enough people that have said that when you come across the right person, you'll just know...

I just have to wonder how true that is.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, there is little chance that you'll know immediately that she could be the one. Maybe she looks so so fine when you first see her and you feel attracted to her, but that's just superficial attraction, not love at first sight. You have to get to know people, make an idea of how they are and maybe then proceed in the dating game. Discover her if you think she could be worth your time and in the process of befriending her you might fall hard for her.
    You guys are such dreamers, lol. It's not that bad to be one, though.. Less worries for you.

What Girls Said 3

• I think you'll just know. Your heart will go like 'oh! there she is' ^^

• It'd be so cool if it worked like that! lol

• I'm sure you'll get it when it is the right girl to approach. And I hope you'll do it or else you will think about it in the future and wonder 'what if I have the guts?'

• I don't know exactly but you will know, without questioning about it!

• I say keep hope and faith alive and you'll eventually find her. You're still young, so there's plenty of time for it to happen for you.

What Guys Said 3

• im 38 and still looking so id say make it your mission to make yourself happy ifv that be finding this girl then look extra hard she is out there

• It is something that happens gradually. Remember that you don't have to date someone from the moment you meet. Get to know people, and you will find the perfect person for you.

• no one on this planet can answer that question its for you to figure out but trust me you will know when you have found the right girl