I'm nice, so why won't a guy date me?

Okay so yeah I'm overweight! So what! And I'm not the best looking. So what. I'm really nice. Everyone says I'm so kind. So why won't guys date me? They date stuck up bitches instead. Maybe I should be a stuck up bitch because I'm getting tired of being nice and still not getting dates! So what's the point! Ugh

This is satirical. If a guy posted this everyone would be on about how girls are shallow and like jerks lol

Most Helpful Girl

• The way I see it, you've got two options, Love:

1. Lose weight. I wouldn't recommend losing weight just to attract men though, do it for yourself! I use to be overweight up until my sophomore year of high school but it felt soooo much better to get that extra weight off. I had more energy, I had more options when I went shopping (yaaas), I didn't get winded when I went to the third floor for class, and I made Varsity Tennis!

2. Stay the same and be patient. There are plenty of men out there who actually have a preference for large women so it's really a matter of being patient AND confident. Trust me, a little confidence goes a looooong way. Remember how I said I was fat for like half of high school? Well when I was still fat I managed to land one of the hottest guy's in the grade, or at least I thought he was. He took all AP classes, was on Varsity Crew, an amazing musician (we met through choir), and had a really cute/preppy sense of style. A total catch. It wasn't like he couldn't have dated skinnier or more attractive girls, but I think he really admired how confident in myself that I was, not to mention I have other redeeming qualities.

So don't sell yourself short. It CAN happen. Be confident, take care of yourself in other ways such as dressing nicely and wearing makeup, and put yourself out there.

What Guys Said 15

• Because looks do matter.
    And I highly doubt every girl that you think is a stick up bitch is actually as bad as you think they are.

• people say, "it doesn't matter what a girl looks like, its all about the personality". that is a lie. they say that to make people feel about themselves. people are not shallow, because no one is really deep, and the ones who say they do are all liars. so yeah, we care about looks. in your case, your problem can be easily solved. hit the gym and you'll be smothered with guys.

• i am disappointed in myself when i read this paragraph and see all of these grammatical errors.

• Read the update

• Even a fat girl can find someone, if she has her body language working.
    If she offers to spread her legs, she could find a different one every day.

• I am nice but girls don't really want to date me. We just have to be patient.

Don't change yourself, nothing wrong with being nice.

You can always work on yourself, too. You say you are overweight and that can be very fixable with just diet and moderate daily exercise. Good luck!

• Nope people shouldn't be shallow why can't I be fat

• You can be fat. But that doesn't mean guys are obligated to date you.

• I'd rather date you than some snobby stuck up pretty girl. I have a friend that is overweight as well and has a disgustingly hard time getting dates. So it works both ways.

• oh and the obvious is what you pointed out.
      "Okay so yeah I'm overweight! So what! And I'm not the best looking. So what."

• READ UPDATEEE

• yeah, i noticed it when after i clicked submit. but yeah, some guys will jump to that conclusion.

• u just answered your own fucking question your overweight in order for somebody to want to be in a relationship with you, they need a sexual attraction. like they say "you can't fuck a nice personality"

• I'm nice and girls don't date me

• Refer to update

• No really that's how I feel cause I have a good personality and respect women its like sometimes if you get treated like s... You get used to it and like it

• This seems like a troll lol

• Finally. Its satirical. If a guy posted it, everyone would say "girls hate nice guys and they're shallow"

• I spotted that right away.

• because you're overweight. would you date an overweight guy? i dont think so.

• Ya I would because I'm desperate

• Did ya not read the update? This ENTIRE QUESTION is SATIRE. I'm trolling to make a point. None of it is true. I'm not fat. I am not desperate

• well you just wasted my fucking time!

• Same. I'm nice but a girl won't pick me. Just have to wait.

• is your ass tight? we can have sex

• Being nice is not enough...

And nice is subjective..

There isn't really any trick to dating...

• I know how you feel. I'm overweight and not good looking either.

• Look I know it's hard, but I will be real with you. Do you like yourself? I really don't like too be this guy, but one of the best indicators of someone who does not value themself is physical unhealthiness. If your overweight do something about it. Eat right, exercise and all that. Stop looking for other people too value you. Find a hobby, and pursue that shit with all the pent up frustration you have. If you have always been overweight, don't simply say I was born this way. That's some bogus. Everybody has a unlimited ability to change. LOOK it's not your fault you are overweight, I will be the first too tell you that it does not make you unlovable, but look at yourself and ask "do I love me" if not then start there.

• Nice only goes a certain length. You have to be attracted. There are lots of pretty women on here, but, not one has actually been my type

• Refer to update

• A realist who truly thinks every attractive guy is an asshole? Sounds like childish jealous hateful logic

Do you think every hot girl is a total bitch?

• Exactly

What Girls Said 5

• It's simple: Being nice is not enough.
    Simply being nice is not going to make someone fall madly in love with you. It's not going to make someone treasure you or strive to move mountains for you. Especially since some of the most clever backstabbers are real nice (in your face). Especially since niceness a large dose often comes with a pattern of predictability and/or passive nature.

If anyone relies on being nice to compensate for lacking desirability in other ways then they are hardly ever going to date if ever at all.

• Right so refer to update

• I saw the update, that was for the "nice guys" who spend excessive time bitching because women aren't going crazy over them simply because they're "nice"

• My best friend (male) doesn't date girls based on appearance. Believe me.

He once dated an overweight girl for 2 years, they broke up because of several issues and he wasn't happy in the relationship. None of the issues was because she was overweight, but because she stopped him from seeing his friends, became possessive and was cheating on him.

I ain't exactly the most attractive girl but he ain't afraid to hold my hand or wrap his arm around me in public.

You just need to find the right guy who will look past your insecurities to get to see the real you :) Too many guys these days expect a barbie doll. To hell with them!

• Girl. Listen to me. Don't be like one of those girl. Be yourself. Make friends with everyone including guys. Then someday a guy won't care what you look like. Deep down they want to settle with someone who wants what they want at the end of the day. It will get better. But keep being yourself. It's whats on the inside. Maybe flirting or being friendly with guys. It will be fine. You do seem nice. Keep trying. But don't wake up everyday saying, "I'm going to change because I want a guy." just don't. I'm like you too. But I have crushes. I'm sweet to everyone and my crush flirts with me. What I'm trying to get at is it will happen sooner or later. If a guy doesn't like you for you. He's not worth you time.

• Have you tried to date men who might be overweight themselves? I know a girl who is a bit overweight, & she found a wonderful man who is also heavier, but treats her great & she's very happy with him. They are getting married this year.

• Being nice to someone and then thinking you are owed dates seems a little out of order. You are giving something and expecting a reward for how nice you are. I think your looks have little to do with your issue but based on a few sentences and no real data its very hard to determine what the problem may be. You should ask a friend what if anything might be the problem. But don't blame others because you didn't get the expected results.