How long should you date someone when you just aren't sure how much you like them yet?

I don't think this a very black and white question. I've been on 4 dates with this guy. We can talk about anything, I enjoy spending time with him. We've kissed, made out, but done nothing else. Idk, I like him, but something feels like it's missing and I'm not sure what. Maybe it's that I haven't known him that long or developed a really intense relationship with him? I don't know. I don't feel like pull like I miss him every day. I just started to want to text him about my day and talk about problems, but I don't know, I don't think I've really been able to fully let him in my world.

I feel like there are some characteristics about him that I don't like, but that he makes up for them in so many other ways. Maybe I just need to keep dating him to find out?

Most Helpful Guy

• Thats tough. Seems like we live in the age of internet dating, and in those cases you literally meet the person on the first date.

That's fine for some, but I like to really know a person beforehand. Its hard to rush into dating like that and it be satisfying.

• Yes! Exactly how I feel!!! I met him online too. He REALLY likes me. He drove all the way to my apartment last night to tell me how much he likes me and he is fine going however slow.

What Guys Said 2

• For as long as it makes sense to both of you I guess, but don't keep this to yourself. At one point you'll have to determine if you're ok to move ahead with this guy...

• I think I'm just really unsure. He's nice, he's smart, but he lacks something... we talked on the phone last night and I don't know what it is about him, but he just doesn't seem romantically interested when we talk. It's only when we're physical that he seems into me. Does that make sense?

• I think a lot of the fact has to do with I don't really love every bit about his personality and I'm not extremely attracted to him either.

• Then you know what you have to do...

• Sometimes the chemistry isn't there, then you have to decide if you like that person enough to learn and love them without the chemistry

• yeah, there really isn't any chemistry! That's what it is.

• I told him that I felt like we had physical chemistry, but not really emotional or talking-like chemistry..

• So the only thing you have in common is physical, that alone will not sustain a relationship, there must be something you both have in common.

What Girls Said 2

• I usually agree to a date with only the guys I'm at least attracted to. Because to actually know them as a person I either take time to chat online , then go out, or make an idea about him as a person on that date.

• Took me about a month to work out that I liked my boyfriend he said it was about the same for him.

• Oh okay. I haven't even known him that long. Sigh. I just feel like I should have had this big epiphany by now.

• So I shouldn't feel guilty?

• No. Guilt should not be apart of any relationship.