First Boyfriend?

My best friend and her ex-bf are still friends and my friends ex-bf and her are trying to get me and his best friend and me to get to know each other and talk and stuff so we can both have our first relationship. I've talked to him on the phone yesterday for the first time (For 3 hours), he's really nice, funny, and sweet. He's seen a picture of me and thinks I'm cute, but I have no idea what he looks like. My best friend told me that on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest on cute, he's like a four...and I know looks aren't everything, my mom's first boyfriend, she told me he wasn't good looking at all and they dated for almost two years because he was nice, sweet, and funny. So now almost every time I talk to him, I get butterflies and I get nervous and we really get along, but I don't know what to do or anything, I mean we've only been talking for two days, but he's really nice and everything, and not to mention he's 6'2 and I'm 5'2 so I'm going to be really short next to him and stuff. I'm kind of afraid of getting my first real boyfriend too. And he's never had a girlfriend...so yeah... and I'm just kinda nervous and stuff and I don't really know what else to talk about on the phone with him and I don't really get why I'm getting butterflies when I talk to him, I mean I've never even met him before! So what should we talk about, and what should I do?

What Guys Said 2

• Ask him about his interests. The usual stuff, sports, hobbies, passions.

Anything that gets him talking about himself will give you information about who is as a person. When you hear the way he describes things, you can tell if he's well versed in vocabulary, and more important what his priorities are.

You could even bring up current events, but that may be a little over everyone's head.

• I was sort of in the same situation as you a while back (never had a girlfriend), from the other perspective though. Two of my best friends set me up with a girl and we dated for a while. I would highly suggest finding out what common activities you both like to do, i.e. a sport, a band, going to the movies, etc. Then go and hang out. Don't confine the relationship to talking on the phone and over text messages. If it feels right, go with it. Hope this helps.

What Girls Said 0