Do you think I could force myself to like a guy even though I'm gay?

I'm 99% sure I'm a lesbian, I've been labeling myself bisexual but only recently realised I could be gay. I'm not ashamed of being a lesbian I've just been hurt so much to ever want to date another female. I dated someone for 3.7 years and we ended 10 months ago. I'm only considering dating a guy so I can't get hurt again because there won't be that connection between us.


0|0
2|5

Most Helpful Guy

  • Sexual orientation has no bearing on whether or not a partner will hurt you. If you would consider it, you could simply be a little lower than a 6 on the Kinsey scale. 5, probably, if you usually consider yourself a straight-out lesbian. Maybe 4 if you drift closer to bi-.

    Dating a guy you don't care about just to avoid being hurt seems dishonest to the guy, and dishonest to yourself. You could end up developing a bond with the guy even without the sexual attraction, and end up getting just as hurt anyways. It is the interpersonal part that causes the pain, not the sexual part, in general.

    0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

  • mmm I don't think you could, attraction isn't a choice and if you are a lesbian then you will be attracted to women only. but you say you're bi so if you are actually bi then yeah its possible to like a guy but you also said you're 99% sure you're a lesbian so that only leaves a 1% chance of being bi instead of a full on lesbian.

    0|0
    0|0
  • The gender of the people you date is independent of the heartbreak that can come from a bad relationship. You need to focus your energy to see why you are attracted to those people who easily hurt you.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Why would you want to? The problem isn't the gender you've been dating. It's the people. Believe me a hetero relationship can hurt just as bad.

    0|0
    0|0
  • You may like it more than you think

    0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

  • Nope, don't bother, you'll only destroy yourself.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Be who you are. Date who you want. If you have feelings for a girl or a guy, it doesn't matter. What is important is to feel that this is the person you want to be with.

    0|0
    0|0
Loading...