How can I stop subconsciously pushing girls I like away?

I didn't realise I do it. But I only noticed when someone pointed it out. I think it's because for some reason at the back of my head, I don't want them to know they like me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do this too. It most likely stems from a fear of later rejection. Some guys are into me too quickly which makes me feel like they aren't being genuine bc they didn't take the time to get to know me first before they took an interest. I'm usually afraid they won't like the real me so i push them away. I've learned that i've gotta stop. I'm trying... still a work in progress.

What Girls Said 6

• I do the same thing. When I first realized it I tried to act natural. That didn't really work; It's easier said than done. Instead I thought of acting friendly and kind, maybe once in a while do something extra nice for the person :)
    I hope I helped! :)

• Fear is a curse. Try to live fear free. You'll ruin things that are good for you :/

• Would this be an explanation for being ignored by any chance?

• ummmm. just be nice.

• You can't it's because... you want to be alone and can't believe anyone who says they like you and you want to test them to the point they don't want to speak to you anymore and then you actually miss them and then you wonder why and then

• It's okay to do that. It simply means you're not ready to date yet.

• What if I'm never ready?

• If you know you're not asexual, the day will come when your desire to share your life with someone or become part of someone's life is bigger than your fear to disappoint/show intimacy.

• It already is.

What Guys Said 0