Do you know anyone with psoriasis?

My boyfriend has psoriasis really bad. It's kind of gross. He scales a lot. I don't know what to say to him. Do you know anyone with it? How do you cope?

Most Helpful Girl

• My little sister does. She's had it since she was 7 years old and she scales a lot too even with treatment and it can't be helped it's can be treated where it can't be seen. Psoriasis is a condition caused by an overactive immune system, it is not contagious, and it's chronic so it will never go away on it's own or curable, being in sunlight helps it out a lot to go away for a short time. But in winter it flares up and gets worse because of the environmental triggers. And you'll just have to accept it and love him for who he is. Other wise it's literally judging a book by it's cover. They are still people and deserve to be treated as such, it's not contagious and you shouldn't care what other people think of it.

What Guys Said 2

• ughhh it must be annoying

• yes, my friend has it. The treatment should make it go into remission at times. I hope you don't, like, dump him over that.

What Girls Said 1

• I have psoriasis and it used to be terrible - but now I use MooGoo products and my skin is really nice thanks to MooGoo :)