Should I bring a friend to her party?

So my girlfriend of a month invited me to a party on Friday at her house. She said bring friends if you want... now this is going to be my first time meeting any of her friends. Now here's the problem... should I bring a friend? like would it be weird if I didn't?

Only one friend comes to mind when it comes to party's and he's a bit of a social animal... the kind of guy you WANT to go drinking with.

On one hand I want to bring him because I don't want to be following her around all night since she would be the only one I know there. Also wouldn't it make me seem like a loner if I didn't bring a single friend?

On the other hand he can be a bit of a dick... like the kind of guy that would nitpick a girl if she was 2 lbs over weight. He's never met my girlfriend and I already know he's going to have nothing nice to say... not to mention I can only imagine drunk him the entire night asking me if we "banged yet"

She also said I was more then welcome to stay the night, now does this mean just me? like if I brought my friend do I say gl finding your way home bro?

Foreverconfused :(

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see anything wrong with bringing your friend. Just let him know that it's your first time meeting her friends too, so "don't make me look bad." The plus side for him is that he could meet a single girl there too. Let him know that you may be staying the night. He can choose to bring his own ride, or I don't see anything wrong with him sleeping on the couch. A few people may be staying as well. He may want to drive himself if it turns out everyone is going home except you.

What Girls Said 3

• Im pretty sure that if this friend is the ONLY option, then you should definitely fly solo dolo to this party.

• See, on one hand, if you bring your friend, you won't feel the awkwardness you would've felt otherwise.
    On the other hand, you won't be able to quite interact with her friends properly because you'll be with your friend most of the time.
    If you don't trust how this friend will act, I suggest you don't take him. You don't want to risk him embarrassing you.
    It's a tricky situation, I know. Cause if you go alone, you'll end up following her around for sure, you won't be able to talk to girls as freely as usual, and that will leave you to other guys.
    If you're confident enough about being able to handle yourself alone and not get bored, go ahead.

• Nothing wrong with bringing a friend. She meant just you staying the night and I think your friend will know the signals to when he should take his leave.

I invited my best friend (male) to my 18th last year and he didn't know anyone there so I was expecting him to always be following me around and that didn't bother me. Just don't be invading her space too much and allow her to talk to other people.

What Guys Said 2

• Fly solo bro, definitely. If he's your only option, fly solo. But, if you can bring someone better, bring someone better so you can mingle with him/her so you dont have to be all up on your girlfriend. But also consider that your friend will be all up on you since he/she doesn't know anyone else, other than you... You know what... just fly solo lol. Try and meet people. It won't be weird if you fly solo, trust me. I went solo to my gf's party and had a blast. Then she told me to stay over and voila, happy times happened. So yes, FLY SOLO.

• Just go yourself. No need to bring a friend, hang out with your gf.