Girls, when should a guy ask for a date when talking online?

Ok so I've been doing the online dating thing and I really hate messaging back and forth, plus I'm not really good at keeping the convo going. To me it's not really a good way to show a person who you are. So girls how long should I talk online before trying to setup a first date?

FYI I usually talk to girls from anywhere to a few days to a week or so before I end up not hearing from them anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can pretty much talk about a date any time after you've exchanged phone numbers. The exchange means that you want to have contact with each other, might as well not waste any time. If you let them sucker you into that "I need time to figure things out" bs you'll find you won't be going on any dates... ever. Because by the time they're ready they've already lost contact with you and found interest in someone else.

What Girls Said 1

• About 2 weeks possibly

What Guys Said 1

• These days people lead busier lives and have busy schedules. If someone doesn't make the move after three back and forths with emails of significant length (more than just four word emails), then provide your number and tell the person to text you because it is easier and you aren't always able to log on. Sometimes the other person just needs a little push.