Girls 17-20, is it a turn off when a guy doesn't own a car?

I have a lot going for me in life. I have a good amount of friends, apparently very good looking and things are just going great. But, I don't have a car yet, and I'm 18. I'm a couple months away from sitting my test, and I'm on learners at the moment.

Be completely honest, is it a bit of a turn off when your boyfriend can't drive you around, or drive to your house? Would it annoy you if he only took a bus?

• Yes, it's a bit of a turn off.
  • I don't really care.
Guys, need your opinions on this too. All comments are appreciated :)
update

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont have a car. At least not anymore since I had to give it to my aunt since her husband's stupid car broke down and he can't get to work.

If he can get to me by bus, train, a ride, etc, I think that's cute because he'd do anything to be with me. A girl who likes you for what you have should not be someone you should be with. That's materialistic and she wouldn't be right for you in the long run unless you want that kind of girl. Plus, you're eighteen. I'd be worried if you're 30 and have no car (no offense to anyone else)

What Girls Said 6

• I'm with the person who said "As long as he can get to me independently, we're fine. By bus, train, bike; nothing wrong with that. I'll even come with. I just don't want to be in another situation where I'm the one always driving over to him and taking us places."

• It wouldn't annoy me. Honestly, I think judging people on having a car or on what type of car they have is ridiculous. We are all going through hard times and I wouldn't even ask why they didn't have a car. So, no it wouldn't bother me unless he was asking me to drop him off everywhere 24/7.

• Yes it is a HUGE turn off.

• I expect a potential partner to be on my level, so considering that fact that I've been legally putting around in a little four-banger since I was 15, yes. My SO must have a vehicle otherwise I view him as less successful than myself.

• As long as he can get to me independently, we're fine. By bus, train, bike; nothing wrong with that. I'll even come with. I just don't want to be in another situation where I'm the one always driving over to him and taking us places.

What Guys Said 1

• Dude. I pretty much got my license a year later than I could have (at 17 instead of 16). It made me think I missed an entire year of opportunities for dates.

And I was god damn right. Just a few DAYS after getting my license, I went on my first date in my life. And now I can drive my crush out to lunch and stuff, and I drive these girls to school every day. People were saying "you don't need a car, that's just an excuse for not getting girls" but yeah fucking right.

Get a car as soon as you can. Where I live you can get a license as soon as you turn 18. You might just need to take the physical driving test, but you don't need a log or a year-old permit or anything.

• What he just said

• I mean what else are you gonna do, especially when there is no public transportation? Have your mom drive you around at age 18?
      Everyone around where I live is pretty damn well off (besides me comparatively) so they ALL got like $6000+ cars right when they got their license at 16. I paid every penny I had to get a $2000 Cadillac. I just had to... I honestly think that having a car could literally prevent you from getting a girlfriend.