Whats the point of casual dating that leads to nowhere?

I never understood the point of casual dating.. you're just taking girls out to dinner and spend money only to do the same with a different woman. If it was going to lead to a relationship id understand the investment

Most Helpful Girl

• Most girls feel the pressure a lot more. At least your biological clock isn't ticking away and you become "damaged goods" once you hit 30 and can't guarantee that you'll have a perfect pregnancy with a perfect result. Girls don't do casual dating as such. We date to find a husband. Always bear that in mind when you go out on dates. We look for a guy who is reliable, delivers promises, has a decent financial backing (we want financial security, a house and food to feed our kids with!) and respects us for who we are.

Also, most importantly, don't buy a girl dinner expecting to get something in return. This will only leave you feeling bitter and disappointed that you've "wasted" your money. Even if a guy splits the bill with me, but he's a great guy and would make a great prospect as a husband and shows me he's really interested in me, I'd still keep seeing him. Splitting the bill to me shows he respects me as an equal, and maybe once we actually begin dating he can pay for entire meals sometimes, then I'll pay another time.

• there's no difference. dating to find a husband or darting just to date. either case you dk what will happen. this is the illusion of control. serious dating as apposed to casual. ultimately w/e happens can't be predicted.

what do you mean damaged goods, and if thats what you think men think of women why would you want one.

What Girls Said 5

• if she paid would you see a point.

its probably not the money its more likely the vacuousness of it. but some people like little diversions along the way of life. not everything needs to be continuous to be worthwhile.. like traveling. when you travel you generally go back home-sometimes you move there lol- but its still worth the trip. i think meeting / experiencing people is like going somewhere you've never been before. whether you leave or stay you still had a worthwhile sand educational experience.. bout it really depends what ours looking for. not everyone likes to travel. plus the more you 'travel' the better sense you get of where you want to live. the kind of culture etc. lives a bunch of samples imo.

• exactly
    I feel like it's better to start out as friends and learn about each other; that way if I learn that him and I aren't compatible, we can comfortably stay as friends with no awkwardness set between us. I'll go on flirty dates with him after I learn we're compatible.

• Once your a friend you're always in the friend zone.. I know from experience

• right. but him wanting you and you not wanting him makes a very awkward friendship

i do get the thing about feelings shutting dwn. but is knot like that for everyone. less so for guys i think. well based on all the complaints about women being 'friends' as if its a curse lol

• Who wants to be friends with a girl who didn't find you adequate enough to be a mate?

• UGH! my mom called me immature cause I dont date casually LOL I agree with you, why invest my time with some dude who I won't fall in love with or can't just because I need experience in dating. Whatever, mom

• So young but so smart

• why does dating casually mean you won't fall in love. do you mean by casual that dating someone you don't like? to me casual just means you're not starting off assuming anything... doesn't mean you're closed off to it or that you're not interested in the person. actually any dating initially is casual bc you dont know where it'll end up.

• @Azara yeah, I understand what you meant but I said "why invest in my time with some dude who I won't fall in love with OR CAN'T". Also, I'm not into dating someone I don't like. And I, personally, would like to fall in love first before I date or become someone's girlfriend. Basically, I don't date someone first to get to know them. They don't deserve the title of calling me their girlfriend until they won my heart. My two cents.

• Well u need to date before u commit. Learn about them on the date and if it's good, it leads to a relationship. Unless it's established fwb, u just have to get more casual.

• I kind of figured it out. Its just dating while not in a relationship.. I just got confused with the casual part.. Its just dating Thats all it is

• Haha o ok. Dating should be fun though. U don't sound like ur having fun :(

• Because i dont want to spend thousands of dollars on women a yr when im trying to get into a meaningful relationship. I dont want to date a bunch of random girls.. Thats gross.. More to life than fun

• You don't know for sure that it's not going to lead to a relationship UNLESS you go out on the date.

What Guys Said 4

• If you keep money outta it casual dating is just fine. Some people are just lonely and need to kill time.

• casual dating is just code for a license to try to randomly screw semi-attractive people depended on how horny you are. Complete waste of time.

• you're talking about casual sex, im talking about casual dating

• Some guys probably just like the company of women, or maybe they just like to go on dates without the fear of it becoming something much bigger? That's all I got. You're much older than me so you would probably know more. :/

• Agreed. Unless of course it's a one night stand?

• So casual dating is basically dating with sex as the main objective since nobody wants a relationship?