Why do guys get so intimidated?

Why is it that most guys get intimidated when a girl can look good yet not be into anything girly? Most guys I talk to say I am intimidating bcause I can pull off any outfit from my favorite jeans and a t shirt to a fancy dress. They say that girls that look like I do, don't normally know what they are talkin about when it comes to football, baseball, pick ups, workin cattle, and doin most stuff guys can do. I am not girly at all. I would rather be doin what the guys are doin rather than shopping or anythin kind of girly. This sounds kind of conceded, but I'm courious to know why guys keep sayong all of this. Why does that intimidate guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• reasons are because girls have everything and can easily get just about anything if they want it, and girls are constantly happy, and guys are not and can't get what they want, especially if a guy wants someone of the opposite gender we can't have her cause guys are never wanted by a girl in the first place.
    so who says a girl can't do what guys are doing? girls just think they cant, what girl would want to bring their life down to a guys level anyways? girls have better lives than guys, girls dont desire to want someone of the opposite gender or want sex or love, girls are asexual and are into themselves, girls never have to feel that lonely pain and that longing for someone of the opposite gender, most girls go for other girls too and end up happier being with a girl than being with a guy, and guys have to burden rejection and loneliness and girls dont because girls are always wanted soo much, so thats why its better for a girl to approach a guy if she wants him.

What Guys Said 7

• Well... most guys are intimidated by girls whom they feel are much better than them (in terms of looks, knowledge, intelligence or anything else) because these guys are sure that approaching this kind of girl would surely result in an outright rejection (although this isn't always true).

• It implies that you are LIKE a man. Men are powerful, dominant beings. We generally tend to see women as the opposite of that. Therefore that is what makes us a good match for one another. But someone like you will have essentially broken that pattern. Even more so if you were a body builder.

We don't like power on women. Quite intimidating because it just means you're not what we expect or want for that matter. Most macho men would probably treat you like a dude. One of the guys, but pretty much nothing more than that. Essentially you'd be the reverse of an effeminate guy that hangs out with women. You'd be a masculine or that hangs out with dudes (but not necessarily gay if you catch my drift.)

Me, personally though as much as I agree with the whole man = dominant, woman = submissive deal, it wouldn't matter to me that you are into things that a man like me is into because that would mean for me that I would more often have female company, which is hard to come by around here.

• I guess it depends on what lifestyle they have and how successful and independent they are. I am a guy and it takes a LOT to intimidate me (Only one of my professors did. The man knows everything! O. O). You sound fine to me. Your friends sound a bit judgmental and extremely insecure.

• In general guys are into feminine women just like how in general girls are into masculine guys. I am not like that I don't care if a girl likes sports or not to be quite frank I actually hate sports except mixed martial arts I think mma is cool. I think at the end us guys we are hardwired differently than women are and those things only semi-matter liker her interests in watching or playing sports we just care mostly about looks personality is important too, but not as important as physical looks.

• They might be afraid you'll show them up? I don't know I would think it's pretty cool to have a girl like that. She could explain football to me so my friends would stop making fun of me for not understanding it or what the heck is wrong with my truck. I think it would be pretty cool indeed.

• LOL well its out of the ordinary and its not what the silly picture paints of how a women should be, its sad but still exsists! personally i love a gritty genuine down to earth girl think its much better than these so called models or celebs

• ...

No that dont.

What Girls Said 2