Kiss on the first date? Lets hear it GAGers!?

Okay so lets say you went on a date that went amazing, you laughed a lot and the date lasted several hours. You both have met before but haven't really had the chance to talk to eachother face to face until now. About mid through the date (about 3h) you start planning the second date and that you both will spend a whole day together doing loads of fun activities.
My question is how many of you guys would opt for the kiss at the end of the date and how many would settle for the hug or an awkward wave? And why would you choose this?

• I'm heading for the kiss!
  • Hug, all the way!
  • Awkward handshake/wave!

Most Helpful Guy

• Kissing is better, but i didn't kiss anyone on a first date, never did, evne if the girl was attractive:) i think you should just give a hug, or just wait for the next date, build up some sparks, and excitement for the next date. i think you both know, that you want to kiss each other:) if there is some touching evolved on the first date, its a good indicator that the other person is physically attracted, simple touches, or when you walk close to each other, you bump into each other. build up the tention , and the 2nd you will kiss:) and build up to kissing each other, just kissing someone isn't difficult , but it should be something special. I would never kiss a girl, if i wasn't seriously interested in her,

• That's really good actually! Thanks man! :)

• jesus christ my English gets worse by the day -_- hehe, if there is some touching involved, or attempts to, a person is physically attracted, most of the times the touches are subtile , for example, you have a hair hanging in front of your eye and he takes it away for you. or an insect buzzing around and he tries to weep it away from you, but if you actually have a 2nd date, there is always a physical attraction, i wouldn't date twice with the same person if there wasn't the first initial physical attraction, and trust me, i dont need supermodels, but i do want to date someone i think is attractive. All will be good, and remember build up the tention before the kiss, give it some time:D you will have wonderfull dreams afterwards:D

What Guys Said 15

• I'd be a little bastard and end it with a tight and loving hug, before sneaking inn a quick peck (you know, those you feel but don't really feel, and only leaves you wanting more), then i'd kiss her on the second date if the chemistry seems right (and i manage to build the guts for it. Horray for being a kinda shy guy :( )
    give her something to wonder about until the second date, then give her that XD

• Nothing wrong with being a shy guy! :) sounds good haha! :)

• I definitely want a 2nd date with you

• Haha, but you haven't had the first one yet ;)
      Need a 1st to get to the 2nd XD

• While I voted B, A is obviously always preferred but first date is usually getting to know each other, seeing if things click etc. and I find going for it is a bit presumptuous that the other person is feeling you on the same level and REALLY wants to take it further.

If they agree to a second date, or are already talking about a second date then ya go for it, but otherwise, wait till the second date - if they agreed to go out with you again then obviously their romantically interested so do it!

• Unfortunately I am definitely option C, I didn't even hug the girl I took to Prom.

Second date she'll get a hug, third date a kiss. It all depends on the chemistry between the two of us. If the chemistry is great then yeah I'd sneak in a peck on the cheek.

• Haha to be honest I could definitely be the awkward wave-person if there's a really awkward moment beforehand!
      How come nothing happened with your promdate? :)

Ah, although that might be a bit confusing for the girl I still find it rather sweet haha :)

• I just didn't feel comfortable with her. We weren't really connecting, we were very friendly towards each other but no romantic feelings.

Yeah, I think you should know a person well. A kiss isn't that big of a deal to some people but it is to me. Its valuable and exclusive to someone I like.

• The date described seems to have been rather formal, having an almost business-like feel. This would not put me in any mood to kiss or hug at departure, for that the experience would have to have been more private and warm.

• The date was for 5h, we talked about everything and laughed so much, so even if the dinner was at a quite fancy place it definitely didn't feel formal :) Thanks for your opinion! :)

• A kiss signifies "I am interested in dating you", a hug is friendzone and a handshake is ill probably never call you again. So you better hope for a kiss...

• I hear you, I think it depends on the person though! :) I could totally have been the awkward wave-person if it gets real awkward at the end lol! Probably would have given myself a giant facepalm afterwards but yeah :)

• If you gave yourself a giant facepalm I did def ask you out again... the humor is worth a second date lol

• I would like to least go on few dates before giving her
    a kiss but it all depends on how the mood is i like to
    leave it up to the girl little on the mood she's feeling
    the problem with me i fall in love real quick it doesn't
    take much

• Well If i'm feeling it, then I will. I'm not going to put effort into not kissing, nor am I going to put effort into kissing if I'm not feeling it as well.

• I've had sex on the first date so a kiss and a hug seems like basic dating etiquette to me.

• Guys will always aim for the kiss :P

• Haha apparently not always! ;)

• Yeah I do like him :) I'd be lying if I told you I didn't get the teensiest disappointed because of course I wanted a bit more. But at the same time, the date went so well and we've been talking afterwards so I'm pretty confident he likes me, and that's what matters right now :)

• lol, so the real question was does he likes you even if he didn't kiss you on the first date, and the answer for me is yes, he's into you ;)

• if you both feel it and its obvious go for! its not like your jumping into bed or having a big make out session, as long as you are fine with giving a smooch it will keep him wanting for the next time and thinking about that kiss and whats to come... make him work but pay the piper when its deserved

• I've only been on about 4 first dates in my life, and they ended in the awkward wave/handshake for people I didn't know previously, and a hug for people I already knew from school.

My girlfriend and I met online, and didn't meet in person for about 5 or 6 months into our relationship. We still didn't kiss until the second night of my trip to see her, because we're both very inexperienced and we were nervous despite being in love.

• I would kind of laugh at a nice firm handshake that's for a person you just met. I'd need at least a hug.

• I'd like to get a kiss in as it lets the girl know how I feel in a crystal clear manner, so there isn't any ambiguity there.

• I would try to kiss. I would also embrace your hug and kiss too.

• I've always went for the kiss. And always got it even if I thought they were so so.

What Girls Said 12

• I would give a hug but probably not a kiss. I'm very shy when it comes to those things until I'm really comfortable with someone.

• Yeah, I wait for the guy to make the move which is kind of silly really haha! :)

• haha! Yeah, it just takes me a while to get fully comfortable with someone to kiss them. lol

• To be honest I don't prefer a kiss at the end of the first date. I don't want to say, never ever but that is not something I would like. It takes time for me.
    I can't say, hug either. That is intimate too. Handshake is so formal. I am clueless :D hahaha

• hahaha omg i can so relate to you.. i actually went on a first date and i had a similar scenario but the guy leaned in to kiss me and i was like eww eww no not my first kiss I don't know why i said that but i did..

• @brownchic but that's really sweet that he helped you, afterwards it can like become a thing that you guys laugh about together. Did you go on anymore dates?
      Yeah he actually wanted a second date but I declined, he was a great guy but I didn't feel like we had anything in common. I have seen him in clubs after that though, he always comes up all superflirty lol.

• awww hahah @asker you should give him a chance then? see how things go this time? lol yeah i went on another date with the same guy and he was decent and stuff but later he wanted some action i guess and i declined his offer so he friendzoned me lol then i stopped talking to him! hahaha guys are so stupid!

• I guess it's ok to go for the kiss on the first date if it went really great and you know each other or at least got an idea , I haven't done it yet though, mainly because I haven't really been on dates. But one guy I liked and went on a date with said after the first date "why didn't you kiss me? :(" and I was like "Why didn't you? :>" and then we established it will remain for the second date, but never got to it haha.
    That's kind of the only date I went on, unless you count the ones with my crush, but it was only friendship, so kiss on the cheek at the end.

• Haha aaaw that's cute though! How come you never had a second date? :)

• Well the day after he got really upset and depressive because of an argument with his parents and I didn't like it. I was already sad/ insecure, I didn't need a guy like me. So I got mad and told him to stop thinking like that (so negative) and then I didn't say anything anymore and neither did he. Now I regret it a bit haha. If that didn't happen, I would've had my first boyfriend haha. And he was nice looking. Now I am still alone a year and a half later XD.

• I haven't ever kissed on a first date but I don't think there's anything wrong with it. In this case I'd go for the kiss.

• First date? Never, I wouldn't like to make myself look easy or that's how I see it. If there is a connection maybe on the next day, I'm not making myself that easy lol

• i bow. 97% of boys try to kiss on the first date. if we're on a date it means i found them attractive enough to accept their invitation so i usually allow it but i don't let it go on for long and try to keep it light.

• The first date my boyfriend and I ever had was the date he gave me my first kiss :3 it was wonderful.

• I kissed my ex in our first date and that kiss made me realize that he's the one and only :)

• First date is like an interview for me so I usually end it with a mutual cheek peck. 2nd date should be at least 2nd or 3rd base, and def sex by number 3 (if not already on number 2)

If I like him I may take it slower on the sex part tho

• "If I like him I may take it slower on the sex part tho"

So if you don't like him, then you'll sleep with him quicker? We should date!

• @rocksongwriter umm hello that's totally logical haha. If I don't like him. no point in wastin time on pleasantries might as well just get nasty lmao

• If I didn't like a gal, I wouldn't have sex with her period. I guess men and women are different after all.

• Kiss, I love to kiss so for me it's important to see if he is a good kisser.

• So do I haha! :) But there wouldn't be a second date if he was a bad kisser?

• It's hard to explain, because a good kisser is just someone I am compatible with. Does that even make sense? Haha

• Gotcha :) I think if the guy is absolutely amazing otherwise I might be able to overlook it, as long as he isn't terrible. It might improve over time haha :)

• I won't make the move but I'm really hoping he does

• Wanna know what he/she might taste like! Going all the way lmao