At what point do you think a couple should become exclusive?

Do you think a couple should date openly for a certain amount of time? or is it based upon a feeling? how long? or what feeling?

Most Helpful Guy

• I love it when "some" people say this and imply that there comes a point where the other person has an "obligation" to become exclusive or to get married, etc.

If there comes a point where you're not getting something you want, then "act with your feet" and remove yourself from that situation and look for what you want somewhere else. That's something that's within your power and control, but demanding or trying to pressure someone else to give you what you want is not something that's within your power or control (not saying that that's what you were getting at, but just saying it as a general truism).

A relationship is completely voluntary between two people. If it's in their benefit to continue to associate with one another, they will continue to do just that. If it's no longer in their benefit, then they'll stop.

The real question you have to ask yourself is... NOT why being exclusive is beneficial to YOU... but why being exclusive is something that's beneficial to HIM. Again, I'm not saying that it's not. I'm just saying, that the moment the answer to that question becomes obvious and crystal clear... that's around the moment in time where two people "should" become exclusive.

• good answer :) what are the answers generally to why being exclusive is something that's beneficial to him?

• Well, that depends on you and him, and what you and him have that he wouldn't likely find (i. e., it's too risky to risk compromising things with you or losing you to someone else, because he's not likely to find) what he has with you in someone else again, or for a very long time.

What Guys Said 1

• I've never dated but isn't there some point where you just know you're girlfriend and boyfriend and it wouldn't even make sense to "date" other people.

What Girls Said 3

• When you realize you don't want to be around any other guy and you don't wanna do anything that will mean you can't text or talk to them. I have an ex that I still hang out with sometimes. No sex. I know I want to be exclusive with a new guy when I start saying no to my ex. Which I just said no to him last Tuesday... To whom it may concern lol

• when they both want to be in a relationship AND they don't want to see anyone else.

• Before sex, within a few months of the first date. To me if a guy hasn't asked to be exclusive within two to three months of him pursuing me I would think he doesn't like me that much.