Is there any purpose to dating if you don't want to get married?

I ask this as a man who is almost 25 and has never been on a date, never kissed a woman, and never approached a woman in his life.

When I was 18, I decided that I wouldn't ever date because I don't want ever get married. I have stuck with that decision ever since. Most people date to find a husband or wife. I don't want a wife or kids, so there's no point for me to approach a woman at all or have a relationship. Maybe I'm selfish, but It's my life.

Is there really a purpose to date if you don't want to be married?

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not at all selfish to refuse dating because you don't wanna get married! I find that the opposite of selfish actually. A selfish man is the one who hates commitment but still let girls have high hopes with him.
    I am anti-marriage lol but i only date only guys who are like myself. Because though I don't wanna get married, I still wanna fall in love.

What Girls Said 2

• As long as you don't turn into a bitter womanhating man somewhere down the line then you go right ahead and do what you want.

• Probably not.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm 25 and don't care for marriage, I see marriage as just having it legally down on papers.
    You could still date and have a strong emotional bond with someone without getting married...
    I wouldn't get married unless my future lady really wanted to. I'd do it for her.

• hate how us guys still have to be the initiator

• To form a emotional connection, and get sex?

• That's not important to me. Sex produces children, I don't want kids.

• Sex doesn't have to produce children, but if you don't want to have sex, and forming a close emotional bond with a woman doesn't appeal to you, then I don't see any reason for you to date.