What is a NO-NO food on a date?

Someone told me to never order spaghetti and don't eat ice cream that is on cone while on a date. LOL! What are your thoughts about a no-no food? Or please give me food that you will not order on a date and why.

I like paying my own food so I don't mind eating what I want. I consider the price of my date's food. If he orders not so expensive foods I will buy that as well. I just think this one is fun because of what that person told me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Anything involving Garlic (the smell), Mayo (the smell), Fish (the smell), Dark Drink (stains your teeth), Butter (Turns em yella), Onions (the smell), Vinegar (the smell), Pizza (the cheese will string and you'll look silly tryna slurp it up lol), Corn on the cob (skeets everywhere and gets stuck in your teeth), Soup (because you may slurp it and drip it eveywhere), Ribs (is that bbq sauce on your cheek?), Eggs, and anything else smelly or gasy

What Guys Said 18

• A no-no food on a first date would be anything that cost more than a fast food lunch. You should not spend a lot of money on a first date and no one should have to feel obligated to pay for the other person. Dates that include a meal should always be something that you can finish fast like a coffee or a burger. That way you haven't spent much money, no one has to feel pressured or insulted, and you can leave at anytime if you decide that what you are doing is not worth it.

Other than that, do what you will.

• Nothing saucy that you eat with your fingers, I. e. ribs, chicken wings, etc. I'd probably agree with spaghetti and other stringy pastas. Soup could probably be on the list too, slurping your dinner is a bad look. As a general rule, stick to stuff you eat with a knife and fork.

• Garlic! and everything that has the potential of being too offensive

• I agree. Bad breath means no goodbye kiss so no garlic. :) thanks

• eat the cone, eat the cone..

• For me, fast food is a no no xD don't really care otherwise. I carry ice breakers all the time.

• What I've never heard of this? I order and eat what ever I want, even if it's garlic, thats why I carry gum or even better those listerine dissolvable strips gets that taste and smell outta muh mouth!

• Someone just told me about this. I normally eat what I want. Now I will think about garlic because I also don't like the smell of it on my date. Thanks for your answer :)

• Oreos. Chocolate. You can't get it out of your teeth without a thorough brushing, and nobody wants black teeth on a date.

• LOL I just imagine myself with chocolate on my teeth :)

• anything that smells, cause gases, make you look ugly, is a mess to eat, or gives the wrong impression ( hot dogs for ex...)

• Yes! It's a good thing I'm not fan of hot dog. It's awkward to look at your date while eating that.

• Anything that smells bad or that will upset your stomach.

• I think that is ubsurd, the only Nono food really is something he/she is allergic to.

• Garlic, onion, chili.

• I suggest eating popsicles... very slowly :DD

• A no-no food for me on a date is a pizza that shit gets all around my mush and embeds itself in my beard.

• yeah No doubt, spaghetti is one of the worst, it's a huge No no on a date and
    try not to eat aphrodisiac foods.

• No such thing, anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

• Eat Popcorn or Cotton candy !!

• Why not? What if they go to watch movies?

• One should keep it light as possible during the first few dates. Also the one who initiates the date should pay the bill rather than sharing so i guess i wouldn't be comfortable if the girl pays half the bill or in full unless she invites me to some place !!
      Basically a date shouldn't turn into a lunch or dinner. More on the lines of Brunch or snacks is ideal for the first time.

• Okay! You prefer drinking coffee type of date. I understand :) thanks.

• never get the baked beans

• Mexican, and or beans.

• Why not Mexican food? And why not beans?

• Why do you think?

• The other guy answers it. Beans tends to cause gas :)
      We don't have version of baked beans here sorry.
      Mexican food I'm not sure but I think it's because of the smell.

What Girls Said 13

• Spaghetti and the ice cream both sound like food that you can get on your clothes really easy. There isn't really a no no but go for something in the middle price range. It's okay if you go more on the pricey side but it could make someone feel awkward.

• No food is off limits. Be yourself and eat whatever you feel like eating! I order crab legs at a sea food restaurant and my bf didn't care and that was our 1st date. He loved it that I was being myself and order what I truly wanted to eat. Don't order boring because your trying to look good, thats a bad idea and you will end up being hungry again during or after the date

• Anything sloppy likeeeeee... a big sloppy burger lol Unless the person you're on a date with is totally cool with it.

• I just don't suggest greasy things. They can make you gassy and kinda lethargic. Also you might get it on your clothes

• I'll eat whatever the heck I feel like.

• Anything with garlic... eww lol. Don't want bad breath on a date. Even if you have gum or mints ⌒.⌒

• Spaghetti, burritos, tacos, soup... basically anything that's messy, or potentially messy. Also, nothing that will make your breath stink and/or nothing that will upset your stomach.

• Seems like it would be easier making a list of foods that you CAN eat on a date.

• eat normally* gah I should just go to bed. Good night.

• Yeah I knew what you meant, I was just trolling you. But in all seriousness I kinda disagree with you about spaghetti. I think that if you eat it carefully it isn't that messy of a food. You just got to twist the fork in circles so that the spagetti wraps around it.

• Roasted chicken , because I can't cut it well with knife and fork hahah

• Red onions = bad breath = bad 1st kiss

• IKR! It's awkward when a guy attempts to kiss you after a date and have that garlic/onion breath.

• I eat everything no shame no regrets I love food if they judge me for it they aren't worth it.

• Spicy food, they make your mouth smell like bad kimchi.

• Ordering ribs. Don't make a mess in front of someone you are just getting to know.

• Hot wings.

Consider the mess, teary eyes, runny nose, hot sauce face.. laws have mercy

• *lawd. Autocorrect ruins lives

• I loove spicy food but it ain't glamorous on a date lol

• Fortunately I love spicy we eat spicy foods all the time. So I don't have teary eyes and runny nose whenever I eat that. I saw that with my date before though. He is not a fan of spicy food but still ate the food that I ordered it's funny.