Why did he ask me to come to this party?

This guy I had a fling with moved away a couple of months ago. We agreed not to do log distance but we have been keeping in touch. Recently he asked me to come up for a party he is hosting. I told him I could not make it for that date but that we could reschedule. He said sure and that I should come up in the winter ecause the weather is nice. The thing is I don't understand why he invites me up for such short notice and emphasizes the party and then tell me the next time I should come up is in the winter. I know his work requires him to do lots of travel and he's back and forth between cities but I am a bit confused as to why he doesn't want me to reschedule for a sooner time?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because guys are dumb. That's the short answer.

The long answer, he wants you to put in the effort to come see him. I mean why isn't he driving up to see you? Forget about him... I mean if he wants you to come up and he doesn't care about your schedule then he's not that into you and kind of a jerk

• He did offer to come down here but I wanted to go there because I've never been

What Guys Said 2

• maybe he's just pointing out that he thinks you would enjoy down there that time of year I don't think that means thats the next time he's available

• Well he said come down when it snows. I'm confused :/

• maybe he really is that busy

• I wasn't sure if it was his way of taking back his offer because he changed his mind about me coming. but I asked him if he still wanted me to come up and he said yeah and offered to come here...

• Its what you think it is , he wants to continue the fling but on his time

• What do you mean by on his time?

• Oh i see, so you think he's keeping me there for when he might be ready to star things up again?

• Im saying that he is trying to use you as a booty call, but i could be wrong

What Girls Said 1

• Girl I'm confused to you better ask him what he means