Is it wrong to need a little more of him?

I have been with my boyfriend now almost 3 years. Early on in our relationship, he called just about every day. Now he will call about every 3 to 4 days and sometimes he will go about a week before he calls. I didn't use to say anything to him, but in the last few weeks I have told him that it bothers me that we go so long without communicating. He began calling a little more frequent. Then he went back to the same ole way of doing things.
His job keeps him away from home and I know that he is busy with work when he is out on the road. But I know that he communicates with friends and family from time to time and I think that he can do the same for me.
The other thing that is bothering me is my response to this as well. I find myself pulling away from him. There is a man closer to home that I find myself flirting with more and more and I like the attention that this man gives me. I guess because my boyfriend is not giving me what I need and what I desire from him then I am drawn to someone who I feel is more than willing to do so. In a way, I like that feeling but at the same time, I don't. What do I do? Obviously, my boyfriend does not care or does not seem to understand my need to have more of his time.

Most Helpful Guy

• Your entire text screams 'rationalisation'. You're using the fact that didn't sustain the attention level you got used to to justify you emotionally cheating on him while he has to work away from home.

If you're not happy, break it off with him. THEN flirt all you want. Trying to have your cake and eat it too like this is cowardly.

What Guys Said 2

• "Obviously, my boyfriend does not care or does not seem to understand my need to have more of his time. "

Then you need a new boyfriend, especially since you have addressed this to him
    .

• Can YOU call him? Or is it completely up to your man to decide when to talk to you? Last I checked most women can also pick up the phone and call or send a text or e-mail or whatnot. Maybe he's upset you never try to communicate with him?

What Girls Said 0