Guys, would you be willing to date a girl that lives on a sailboat?

Would you be willing to date a girl that lives on a sailboat?
I own/live on a sailboat. I dont own a house or a car. I get from point A to B either on my bike or public transportation.

Im constantly moving from mooring to mooring, i usually stay in one spot for like 3 months at a time (and when i do move its usually only a few miles away).

So would you be willing to date me or does it sound too complicated?

Ty :)

• Would date
    100% (4)100% (19)100% (23)Vote
  • wouldn't date
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
2|17

Most Helpful Guy

• "Well a few guys id previously tried to date didn't like that i was constantly moving around and that i didn't have a house on land..."

Those dudes suck.

At least in regards to dating. But, is that a lifestyle which you're firm on? Because it may be problematic if guy doesn't want to live on a boat, and does want to marry you.

I'd need a ridiculous boat to house the projects that I work on, on landed property.

Dating a woman like you sounds fun, because there'd always be some change to be had.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well i work on boats so id always be in the "lifestyle" but im not completely opposed to getting a house eventually...
      Thanks for your input :)

• Let 'em know that up-front.
      It'll be a boat now, but if they wanna get a house together that that's a possibility/probability. But also, that your job is boats, and that you're never *not* going to have a boat.

What Guys Said 16

• Sounds cute. I could walk to the nearest river and you could drive by in your house and pick me up. Great idea. As long as our dates were near water, obvs. :p

Living on a boat is fine. The absense of a house or car isn't a factor in whether or not I'm interested in someone.
    I think if we got to the stage where we were thinking of moving in together, though, I don't think I could live on a boat, so it's something I feel you'd need to be willing to give up at some point.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the input :)

• That sounds interesting actually. I wouldn't favour her because of it. But I wouldn't disfavour her because of it either.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm in the military so if I get posted somewhere away from the coast it wouldn't really work all that well. Other than that, definitely.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah i can see how that would complicate things.

• Yeah I would date her if I liked the girl on the plus side sounds intresting dating a girl who lives on a boat : )

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for your input :)

• I would date someone like that. I mean I do love the sea and a chick who literally lives in the sea is cool. The only complicated thing is that you are constantly moving. It shows how much of a free spirit you are but on the other hand, guys who are in search of serious commitment might be afraid of you suddenly disappearing or something like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be intrigued.

0|0
    0|0
  • that sounds... GREAT. please take me with you now

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha thanks for the input :)

• sure why not sounds pretty cool

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on how motion sick I get, you'd probably have to be visiting me all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you stay roughly in the same area, or do you travel?

0|0
    0|0
    • When i move its usually only a few miles away. But i do vacation and travel from time to time...

• I would date someone like that. I like to fish, and living on the water would br perfect for that. I would want to live in a house when I settle down.

• Is there beer and a radio on said boat

0|0
    0|0
  • That sounds awesome, I would only date you if you took me sailing otherwise no go!

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha thanks for the input :P

• reminds me of 'into the blue'

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha well im neither a drug runner nor a treasure hunter so... :P

• I would be willing to date you we could bike places together:)

0|0
    0|0
  • That sounds brilliant.

0|0
    0|0
  • I give everyone a chance... so I can't see why not.

But yeah if I don't end up liking it on a sail boat I'd let you know and be honest. But, I wouldn't not date someone or get to know them because they live on a sail boat.

Sometimes when you give something new or different a chance you end up finding out you like it a lot. But you would never have known if you never gave it a chance.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for your input :)

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds awesome

0|0
    0|0
  • That is awesome, I'm not sure why they wouldn't date you. It means they can go sailing with you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well a few guys id previously tried to date didn't like that i was constantly moving around and that i didn't have a house on land...

• They suck and you don't need that type of negativity in your life._. You're living my dream :/