My gf wants to have dinner with her ex when she just broke up with him.. Should I allow this?

My gf wants to have dinner with her ex when she just broke up with him.. Should i allow this?

Most Helpful Guy

• She wants to do it without you I'm guessing? Because if she has completely broken up with him, she shouldn't be worried about bringing you along, unless he's liable to become violent with you (in which case she shouldn't be alone with him anyway). If she really has broken up with him, a dinner really isn't necessary, and since she's doing this right after a breakup, I think you are right to be suspicious.

I would talk to her about it. Just saying "No, you can't go" seems unlikely to go over smoothly. But if this breakup only happened a week ago, then she is probably not over him, whether or not they were just friend for years.

What Girls Said 10

• Oooh sounds scary... But where are they going? They hanging out alone? I'd be a little on guard since they've been past the friend zone before... :/ but that just me... BC I don't really know the full story I guess...

• she's known him for 9 years so i decided to let her go

• Allow? She doesn't need you to allow her to do anything . She's her own person

• Lol no

• She want's to have dinner with her ex why? Should you allow it how would you stop it?

• I wouldn't take my chances most likely something will happen something very bad plus indont think anybody should be hanging out with their ex unless their not over them

• depends ask yourself. do I trust her? if you honestly love her and she truly loves you then alow it. why don't you that night go out with your guy friends if she's going out why shouldn't you?

• Yes, if you want to lose her... Or maybe cheat on you.

• No way. that sounds sketchy to me

• I wouldn't allow it at all

• Yes, you should trust your girlfriend enough not to do anything. And they both might just need some closer.

What Guys Said 7

• I wouldn't expressly forbid it, that's not healthy, That said, it's super weird of her to do that, and if it makes you uncomfortable, make damn well sure she knows it.

• Honestly I don't think you have a say in this.. If she wants to go she should be able to and it's in your best interest to support her. I don't think there is anything to gain from saying you won't permit her to go with him. If you think about it though, if she just broke up with him perhaps she wants closure and that is what this dinner would be about.

It seems that she's having a very hard time during these weeks: breaking off her 9 year old relationship with someone that may very well be the most important person in her life leading up to this point. Now she's broken up with him and she's with you perhaps it's best for you to support her. I don't know how you ended up with her within the week though, it just seems off. But best of luck to you buddy.

• No she's been friends with him for 9 years not a relationship

• Oh, I thought you said she just broke up with her ex.. Like stated in the question. Anyways good luck man. I'm sure you'll be allright no matter the consequences. Support and trust is a major key in relationships. However hard it may be.

• I decided not to be selfish and focus on what makes her happy

• Doesn't sound like an ex to me honestly. But use your best judgment.

• Why does everyone think the worst? They have been friends for 9 years

• if you werent thinking the worst would you have asked us?

• That can go both ways. On one hand, it could just mean they broke up with "no hard feelings." Sure. But on the other hand it could mean they go to dinner and "feel that spark" again and want to get back together, etc etc.

• Define "she just broke up with him". How long ago was this?

• A week ago but She has been friends with him for 9 years

• Dont u need trust for a healthy relationship

• Yes you do, but that takes time - certainly more than a week. Only fools wear their hearts on their sleeves.

• 0|0
  • NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOMIE she's YOUR BITCH NOW HE GONNA FUCK HER DONT LET HER SHE IS YOUR PROPERTY DONT WORRY

• she's not my property

• im just kidding with you not funny i no but seriously tell her that the idea bothers you.

• If she is your property than you should not allow it. If someone chooses to be with someone else that should be their choice. If you have to suppress someone to be with you would you want that or would you want them to be with you by choice? Let her do as she wants and if she leaves you then so be it. I personally would dislike the whole idea and may even think it to be disrespectful if my girl did that but I would tell her to just go and not to come back. I can just get another gf.

• She has been friends with him for 9 yrs.. She could've just easily had seen him behind my back

• She has been friends with him for 9 years but how long did they date?