How quickly will you give up if a shy guy you think is good looking or interested in doesn't approach you?

Being realistic. Many girls claim they think shy guys are cute but in reality, the majority of girls will give up if they're not approached or the shut guy doesn't show some initiative.

• After a day
  • After a few days
  • After a week
  • After a month
  • After a few months or more.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd wait... shyness is cute

• But you won't wait forever.

• Maybe that's how women in the 36-45 age group think?

• Maybe... you never know what will happen... think positive!!

What Girls Said 4

• I was completely infatuated with this super cute shy guy who was really smart and musical at my high school for well over four years. It took me ages to get over him, despite the fact I'd only ever spoken to him about a grand total of five times (e. g. "hi", "please can I look at your music", "thank you for holding the door" etc).

But I think that's more likely to happen with teenage girls who spend a lot of time daydreaming and fantasizing. Now I'm past 20 and have a more realistic view on things, if there's a shy guy that I'm interested in I'll go over and try to make conversation. If after about 2 or 3 attempts and getting him to open up and I feel he's still not into me, I'll give up.

It's a matter of the girl's age, I think. Older girls (like myself) don't want to waste time on a guy who won't be clear about his feelings, e. g. a shy guy. I know this answer probably wasn't what you were wanting to hear, but hope this helps a bit!

• Actually it's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks

• Oh! I guess I just have not learned the ropes yet :(

• What do you mean?

• I have this friend of mine who I've known and hung out with for almost a year. He's super shy and I find it really attractive and I think he might have a crush on me but he hasn't approached me yet about wanting to be in a relationship. I know we're friends but from Day 1 I made it obvious that I liked him a bit more than friends. Now saying this, I still haven't given up on trying to date him because I was once in his situation (being completely shy and not wanting to show my feelings for guys I liked). I'm just hoping I can find a way to get through that shy level so we can be more than friends. :)

• Why don't you just tell him you're interested

• Well one if he doesn't feel the same way I don't want him to feel awkward and end the friendship and two if he doesn't feel the same knowing him he'd probably have a nervous breakdown if he didn't feel the same way. I've seriously considered telling him though, but not until I was absolutely sure he has a crush on me.

• I don't give up, I go to him and if I'm sure he likes me and I like him back; I'll tell him. Once a shy guy knows he won't get turned down, he will be more open.

I'm a shy girl.

• I once waited for a shy guy I liked and I knew he liked me A YEAR. I swear then I just fucking have up.

• Why did you wait so long?

• It was 5 years ago dude..

• Oh ok. So you moved on and he grew some balls.

What Guys Said 1

• A lot of people who are shy are that way because of low self confidence. I know I am. Also I'm shy because I just keep to myself and don't like being the center of attention.