Why don't most guys like girls like me?

First of all, let me describe myself. I listen to underground hip hop and nothing you would hear on the radio, I have a dark sense of humor, I'm an athiest/agnostic, although I look feminine I'm very down to earth and more like a guy. I'm not preppy or super bubbly and happy. I'm a realist, I'm honest and always the comedian type in a group. I like making people laugh and I have a very laid back manor. I've been told I'm really attractive and have an "exotic" look all my life but I've never believed it. Guys will say how much they like who I am but it's a fucking lie cause they don't pursue anything further with me. They just stop. Maybe i come off as very aloof because I'm shy in general? But still. I just think it's cause I'm not preppy, dress wearing happy bubbly princess. And I've had guys like me because I'm NOT that way. But now that I'm single, I can't find anyone. Why don't guys like girls like me off the bat?

Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, I'll give you props and +1 for underground hip-hop, that's my shit! I also have a dark humor. Exotic please stop, out here in southern california I've gotten the "you're too exotic for me" hahaha I think it might be because from your description you sound brutally honest and it can give off the intimidation aspect from you and being aloof can give off that IDGF attitude but I found you very intriguing for the simple fact that a girl listens to underground hip hop. How long have you been listening to it? I've started back like in middle school

• Since I could remember. Ab soul, hieroglyphics, blu, black milk, mf doom, you name it... Lol I wish I lived out there I'd have no trouble fitting in it seems.

add me on tumblr: chlo3lise. tumblr. com

It resembles me to a T.

• DANG! right off the back! I still bounce to Zion 1, Cannibal Ox, old school Jedi Mind Tricks, Non Phixion, Swollen Members, Blackilicious, Necro I can go on. Damn it, I don't have Tumblr. I'd add mos def. Oh as far as fitting in hahaha there's not many underground hip hop head but when concerts and shows come out this way we come out in droves. hahaha

• Looked up your page, very insightful.

What Guys Said 8

• They probably do like you. You only need to pick the best guy you can see and show an interest in him. You choose him and make him feel comfortable so he can ask you out without risk.
    Practice this on a few guys just to see what reaction you get.
    Basically men are insecure and we don't spot subtle messages. You have to be pretty obvious cos we are mostly thick.
    There is nothing more attractive than a woman who likes you. A woman who finds you exciting.
    It's quite simple really. Find out what the guy does, what he is interested in and what he is good at. Listen while he talks about himself. Then explain how clever you think he is, how excited you are to have found this clever guy. Before you know it he will want to ask you out.

• I found a smart guy and he even said we had a connection because I'm not like other girls. Now he won't even text me back or talk to me all of a sudden. I'm not clingy or annoying at all, I don't get it.

• Maybe you didn't listen to him enough.

• The only part of what could be a problem to me is when you put dark sence of humor... GOD SAID LET THERE BE LIGHT... that means he was in the dark making his plans to cut on that light or sun... but what about the other suns or stars 'also this is what they said god said that means he was being watched by someone else from the second person singular' so you are a realist not an atheist watch this 'A= against + theos= deity ' a deity can be plural which is saying you are against the plural of worshiping the Greek god theos a Greek deity' so if you don't live in Greece and don't speak Greek then you really can't be an atheist... Your more scientific and logical. And as so far as what you are saying 'you sound exceptional to me eventually some guy who knows what that thing between his ears are will appreciate how rare you are'dont change 'just advance.

• Try not to worry about that you feel you dont fit in some times im the the same, just keep doing you and if people agree with you then hey what you gonna do you can't please every one in the world : )

• They are being too picky and choosy.

• Maybe you should have a friend describe you, sometimes the way we see ourselves is different from the way others see us.

• True. But guys are so difficult for some reason. Could it be intimidation idk? I'm really into intelligent debates. And that probably comes off as scary

• Maybe you go after the wrong type of guy, I find that unless a girl likes an intellectual debate it does nothing but piss them off.

• Are you hot?

• You come off as gay

• Not really

• Yeah they bond deeply. I've had 3 dudes fall for me, and usually they were just close friends but I like having best friends in a relationship. Now I'm trying to get out there. No guys I can relate to right now..

• Feel it. I think having best friends in a relationship is great it can suck when it's over though because usually one person is hurt and doesn't want to be friends anymore.

• Non preppy girls are cool actually Im not sure I could ever date a preppy girl

What Girls Said 1

• Okay guy so your different. Everyone is. I think people should stop being intimidated cause they not like everyone. Different is attractive and can be intoxicating. Like this girl right here you would have no idea how she loves to learn new things. And my favorite food tamales. No one sees that one coming.