What's the most meanest coldest foulest cruelest way you've been rejected by a person you liked?

I wanna hear you guys stories :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I had the biggest crush on this guy. He was like my first love. The fucked up thing, he had the biggest crush on me too. He would stare at me like I was the most beautiful thing in the world, he would smile, even though I would dress like a straight up bum- loose t shirts, baggy pants, hair tied in a crappy bun, no makeup. I remember one time even, a really sexy girl with big boobs and butt, small waist, tank top and shorts walked by us. I thought he for sure was gonna check her out, but nope. He never broke eye contact with me and just smiled. I couldn't believe it and I blushed like crazy, I felt so beautiful in his presence always.
    I was always too shy to talk to him though. And whenever he tried to approach me, I would almost run away because I would get too nervous near him. This happened for like 3years.
    So a couple years later, I decided to finally get the cojones and ask him out. It took all my courage, and he gave me the wrong number. Twice. But I later found out he actually had a gf and she was pregnant. (I wouldn't ask him out if if I knew that, I'm not a homewrecker.) He told me he just couldn't tell me.
    It broke my heart. I felt like a fool, but it was my fault. I felt a "connection" with him, the strongest I've ever felt. And I ruined it. I haven't asked anyone out since, and I don't think I ever will. Rejection sucks. But now I know, to not wait when I "feel" it. I still wonder to this day what would've happened if I had asked him out sooner, or at least let him approach me. Oh well. The one that got away.

• It wasn't that cruel, but I would've appreciated if he'd told me that he was with someone, instead of giving me a wrong number. Twice. But he told me he just couldn't tell me and apologized. I told him it was ok.
      It still hurt me. I felt like crap, but I recognized it was more of my fault than his. I shouldn't have waited.

• Learn from your mistakes as I to have just learned the hardway not to wait

• well you'd end up watching shark week with him. HAHAHAHA

What Girls Said 19

• In high school, liked this guy. He was popular, hung out with his mates, cute, funny. Anyway, he comes up to me and gives me his number. Only turned out when I called him that the number was a rejection number. It was such an OUCH moment. But when he asked me if I called, I said "No, my phone's out of credit." Really acted disappointed and clueless, like I had no idea that he gave me a wrong number. I gave him this email instead and asked to write to me, but the email was a rejection one I found online, which would send back a message saying "this person rejected you, sorry!" or something like that. No idea if he wrote there, but I thought it was good vengeance ;)

One time, also a shitty experience, (this is more recent btw, a few years back), this guy and I were texting for ageees and were flirting and things were going to what I thought was a relationship thing, because he expressed how much he likes me and all. One time he mysteriously stops replying. I'm not clingy so I left it. Month later he sees me in person, looking hot and shit. Texts me later how he's "soooo sorrry" he ditched me for some stoner chick he wanted to get together with, but she cock blocked him, now he regrets not sticking with me. I was like "Ummm great. Ship's sailed buddy." What a cunt.

• On Valentine's day I made chocolates and wrote a heartfelt card confessing my feelings and bought him a single rose. He accepted but said he just wants to be friends as he walked away he saw a girl friend and offered it to her infront of me. :( that was my frist and only crush. Its probably kinda weird but I haven't really liked anyone to that extent in awhile and guys I might be interested in I brush it off because I probably fear rejection and feeling like a loser. It doesn't help that I'm shy.

• Damn... ik you were broken and stripped of self esteem for awhile

• Yeh I didn't mind getting rejected as much but I didn't expect him to be such a douche about it. I don't think I would approach a guy again unless he made a definite indication that he's interested.

• I have a few because I always fail to keep guys interested and it's impossible for me to have a boyfriend.

After texting back and forth for 2 months a guy says he wants to get lunch or see a movie sometime. After the one time hanging out he claims that he really enjoyed my company. I ask if he wants to come to a movie night at my house a few weeks later, he says "I'd love to." 2 weeks later I never hear from him again.

A guy plans a date going to the state fair with me, he's he the military so, he says he'll get a hotel that night off base. We talked for a month or 2 and he suddenly stops texting me a week before our date.

Another guy I talked to for 2 or 3 months was an old childhood friend. He tells me he likes me and thinks I grew up to be gorgeous etc. He keeps talking about wanted to take me on dates the whole time. Then 2 weeks later I never get a text from him again.

A guy I had went to school with years ago starts to get to know me and tells me he likes me and thinks I'm really cool. Talks about wanting a girlfriend and says he'd love to hangout. Then he stops replying to me and he has a new girlfriend 3 weeks later.

Someone in middle school told my crush I liked him and she told me he said I was pretty. So, I message him privately on MySpace and tell him I have a crush on him, he deletes me. The next Monday he tells everyone in the 8th grade pretty much (the rumor spread fast) and I was bullied the rest of the school year.

• I'm sorry that you have bad luck like that. You'll find someone genuine eventually. And that part about 8th grade, I hope it doesn't still bother you. That happened to me in kindergarten and it left an impression on me for years.

• It's okay thanks, and it doesn't bother me much because most of the people who bullied me had teen pregnancies or got on drugs. so, it's even. Yeah and stuff like that as a kid can kind of leave a mark though.

• Being ignored pretty much sucks. Like I don't even deserve an explanation as to why it won't work lmao, all I deserve is silence.

• I think its when a girl says to a guy (when the guy likes her) mate, dude, bro or man..

when a guy told me he was on a break (next day) was dating some other chick, told me to stop communicating with him.. (months later he came back asking to be back together) i sent him home with his dick in between his legs up his ass..

• Lol what a douche he is

• Haha @Sex-Kitten that sounds funny as 🙊

• That brightened my morning :)

• This guy that liked me since high school he always had someone and so did I were ere finally both single and he approached me and we decided to see where it goes. We talked for 2 weeks and then he disappeared a few months later he messaged me on Facebook to make a long story short told me that he was dying and that he did not want me to feel sorry for him, he couldn't play football or work anymore forgetting that I could see everything on his page if he was that physically impaired and dying he would not be clubbing every weekend. He sucked football anyway lol all he had to say was that him and his ex got back together were not even really dating. That had to be the worst lie I was ever told and worst way I was rejected. Come on really you were dying so you stopped talking to me wouldn't it be more simple to tell the truth then a boldface lie like that was really cruel.

• I went on a couple dates with a guy.. We kissed but that's it... no sex... Seemed like it went good... Then all of sudden silent treatment... Never heard from him again. Was crazy... And depressing :(

• Once this guy in high school found out I had a crush on him, & he picked on & bullied me for it. He was very mean, & definitely stopped liking him.

• My ex put the Drake song "Doing it Wrong" on my Facebook wall for everyone to see and just put" Sorry :/"

• Exactly what he said " erm.. your okay... but i want your sister, she's better looking" broke my 16 year old heart

• I briefly feel for a good friend of mine a year ago. I went back and forth on whether or not I should tell him, and finally came to the conclusion that I wouldn't be able to move on unless I did. So I told him I wanted to talk about something, so I met him at a coffee shop and after much prodding from him, and shaking and stalling from me, I told him that I was starting to develop "more than friend" feelings for him, and I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with those yet because a lot of it depended on him.
    All he said was "this isn't the first time I've heard that". aaaand he never mentioned it again. I seriously contemplated ending our friendship after that. I couldn't understand how he could say that he cared so much for me, and then completely shut me down like that. To seemingly not even respect me enough to talk about it with me, or at least just explain to me that he doesn't feel the same way. I was more hurt than I'd ever been, I think. I took some time. Was probably unnaturally cold towards him for a while (He acted completely normal like it had never happened) and then finally I decided his friendship was too special to give up.
    I would still get mad at him for several months after that whenever he would point out a hot girl and stuff like that, cause I didn't understand how he could be so STUPID, but eventually I let it go. We're best friends now (legit, he is my absolute best friend ever, and he tells me the same thing on a regular basis), and we give each other dating advice and stuff.
    Even though I realize now that I was confusing my loving but platonic feelings for romantic feelings, I try not to think about it, cause otherwise I start getting mad all over again.

• Okayyyy I know this doesn't technically count.

But I met this guy when I was 15, we had classes together. I thought he was adorable right away. And he was clearly smitten with me. He stared at me and would smile or look away really fast, he liked to grab my hands or poke my waist. I became infatuated very quickly. I mean INFATUATED. I started to like everything about him. His hands, his smell, this little scar on his arm. Everything. And he made me think he felt the same. I think he did for a while. He would ask me "who's that guy you were with? Who are you texting? Oh its a guy?" Shit like that. But about 8 months ago it all died down.

I texted him and said "wanna hang out after school? " at one point and he didn't answer until 5 hours later saying "I just got your text sorry.' Nah, that's a lie. But then at school he went out of his way to sit by me and talk the next day. So about a month later I ask again, he says yes but changes his mind because... he wants to take a nap.

Really? I'm not more important to him than a nap. I honestly teared up after I got that text.

So I never asked to hang out again, and he never asked me to hang out again either. A few months ago his friend told me he didn't like me and I haven't talked to him in 4 months. Not that I don't think about him constantly. And listen to A Drop in the Ocean and cry a little.

• Probably when he made it so obvious he liked me but he wouldn't talk to me. It frustrated me so much. I wanted to talk to him but I'm shy too. He purposely flirted with girls right in front of me and just stared at me all the time. Now he just speed walks past me and ignores me entirely. Yeah it sucks.

• Being called a fat white pig. Major Ouchie.

• One of my best friends was over at my house and at the time I had a huge crush on this guy, let's call him Will, from my school. Since my friend was good friends with Will at the time, we decided that she (my friend) would call him and maybe talk to him about me to see if he would be interested. But what Will didn't know was that we put the call on speaker while she was at my house, so I could hear the conversation and what he said (we were young and it was a stupid idea, which I now know lol). But basically my friend started talking me up and saying good things about me to him. The conversation seemed to be on the right track and I thought he sounded interested, but then Will said "Yeah, but I don't like *my name* in that way. Actually I gotta admit I've had a crush on you (my friend) for awhile now."
    My friend and I were both shocked, but right away she totally blushed because I mean Will was super cute. And anyways my friend just said "really?" to him and he responded "Yeah totally. Would you maybe like to hang out sometime?" and my friend just looked at me confused, but I could tell that inside she was actually really happy, but I mean who wouldn't be. And I guess I didn't want to be a bad friend so I nodded to her to say yes and she did!

I'd say this was a pretty bad stab in the back haha. At least I can laugh at it now!

• No I think you did a selfless thing. You can't help if two people like each other (and neither can they). It'd make YOU a shitty friend if you told her no. After all, you didn't own the boy and he didn't like you. BUT I do feel bad that this happened to you and it's always a shitty experience when someone you like likes someone else. I've been in those shoes myself. I hope life got better since then x

• This one guy asked one of my best friends out and she hit him on the head with her metal waterbottle then walked away.

• Back when I was a teenager I had a biiiig crush on this boy.. I think he kind of thought I was weird... but he never mentioned anything to me directly. His friends were such jerks & they also knew I had feelings for him. I hadn't even confessed bc I knew he had girlfriend who had baby from a previous relationship.. with another guy. I thought wrote this guy is so sweet going out with a girl that's clearly has a kid from another guy. lol. I later found out from a mutual nice guy friend of his & mine (who happened to liked me) that the guy I was crushing on siad I was weird and that I was crazy for his junk. My friend spared me the details but siad he siad awful and dirty things about me. It left me devastated and heart broken... he was the last crush I had in hs before i decided to focus entirely on my studies in college. And even now. But these experiences are important because they make us who we are. Im actually glad I found that he was not who I was idealizing, we all gotta grow up and learn to move forward :)

• "There's someone else. You bore me. We were never meant to be soul mates." I was hit with all three of those in a row once. It was like bang bang bang! Three shots right through the chest.

• I went to my crushes graduation. My mom used to be his teacher. She hugged him after the ceremony. Then she had the nerve to tell him "Now hug her (as in me)". And well. He just stood there and stared. AWKWARD!!! Then I walked off in embarassment

What Guys Said 12

• Besides being cheated on by a woman who was messing with a large group of people... I'd say the last one: "Not only am I busy, but I'd never want to be seen in the same room as you."

Then, "Oh GOD, no! What made you ever think I'd want to go out with you?" Then lots of Oh, GOD No's, then 5minutes of disgusting dry heave noses and laughing. I got that in high school, and then got that a few years ago by someone else - I thought she was a friend (another friend had just posed the idea to her, as we seemed to get along really well, and she thought she saw a spark) My other friend found it really cruel, and stopped talking to her because of it.

Of course, most have been beyond uncalled for mean", but I've kind of gotten used to it; it happened so often that it practically became like white noise, but these are the ones I remember most.

• Reading a lot of your experiences, I now feel grateful that no one has every cruelly rejected me. Some of your experiences I would say are not cruel, they are just hurtful... and that's not the same thing.
    I can only relate the worst rejection I've ever felt. No one was acting cruelly here, but it was so utterly devastating. It's happened to me twice.
    On two occasions, two women I had SUCH a crush for didn't like me the same way. I asked them out and they refused. Oh well. However, they then started relationships with my friends. One of them was with my best friend. It hurts to be rejected, which is why I'm a fan of walking away. However, in both these cases I couldn't walk away, not unless I was willing to part company with my friends. In both cases, my friends and these women loved each other. It wasn't just a fling. It was heartbreaking to have to see women I was so very attracted to in the arms of another man (it didn't bother me they were my friends, it just bothered me that I had to see it). I was so very depressed and sad. It was heartache to watch them kiss or hold hands or cuddle when I so longed to do that with them myself. Eventually, after scaling an Everest of pain I came to the summit and came to enjoy hanging out with them. One of my friends, however, made the cruelest of remarks, but as I think his remark was born out of ignorance I was inclined not to make an issue out of it. He said that if I felt any pain or hurt, then I wasn't a very good friend because I was being selfish in not being happy for them. I WAS happy for them, but I was also hurt at the same time (the two aren't mutually exclusive).
    I am still friends with those two guys and I'm FB friends with one of the women. I don't think anyone did anything cruel (except my idiot friend who made that remark), but it was horribly painful. If I had a choice between undergoing the experience and learning from it and never undergoing it at all, it is a rare occasion where I'd rather not learn.

• After 6 months of being unsure if my ex wanted to be official and constantly leading me on, when I officially ask her out she tells me to move on and forget about her. A week later, she starts hanging out with her ex boyfriend a lot more and im sure they're back together.

• She came into my work almost every day and hugged me. A few times she hugged me from behind with her arms across my stomach and rested her head on my back and once said she loved me. So I asked her for her number and she took my phone and made a contact. I called ger up later and figured out a time and a place. Around the time we were going to go I texted her and asked if she could still make it and she said no because her kid was sick. I said hope she gets better and she said thank. So I waited about a week for the kid to get better and started up a text conversation with her. It went like this.
    "Hey hows your kid doing?"
    "Fine."
    "Haven't talked in awhile, how are you?"
    "Why do you care, do you love me or something?"
    "No, that'd be silly because I barely know you, but I do like you"
    "So does my boyfriend"
    "Sorry, I didn't know. Still wouldn't mind being friends."
    "I have enough friends thank you."

• Okay, I officially think most girls are assholes.

• Bitches man...

• No offense but WHAT A BIOTCH.

• I had a girl in high school say maybe to me for prom, because and I quote, I want to see if somebody better asks me.

I thanked her.

For saving me from wasting my time on someone like her.

• Lol what was her response/reaction

• She was actually surprised. She honestly didn't think there was anything wrong with what she'd done. That really clinched it. I wound up going to prom with an older girl who was a good friend and still is. We had a great time. :-)

• Only rejection I've ever had so far but the circumstances were awful.

I like one of my friends and at the start of this summer I asked for her number finally so we could hang out that summer. I texted her the next night to see if she wanted to go get coffee. Then the next week we got lunch. Then after that I texted her to see if she wanted to come over and watch a movie we'd talked about that she hadn't seen yet. No answer until the next day, at like 8 PM she said she wanted to stay friends. I was crushed but I said alright. Then the next day I got anxious and texted her again and found it she thought we were just hanging out as friends the whole time.

Currently still trying for her, it's not going to badly.

• She just let out a big laugh and said "omgggg i'm soo sorry for laughingggggg". -_-
    I felt retarded and just told her "it's alright" then walked away.

• Damn that's messed up bro. Did you guys speak after that ever again?

• Na was a random stranger.

• Ooooo I see

• I haven't been rejected in a bad way, really. Probably the worst was a girl saying "I can't go out then, I have a test then," when there was no such test, or "I'm seeing somebody" when she wasn't. Nothing painful.

• My wife left with kids (dropped them at moms)(stepkids) while I was at work. There was no indication, no fight, no problem I was aware of. Just came home and they were gone. Later found out she met a guy at work and moved in with him in a different city. No word for months. The step kids came back home with me to finish school. I was devastated.

• Jeez man...

• I would hug you if I could :(((

• @BigMike55 OMG my uncle went through something similar his ex wife and their kids visited her mom for the weekend and never came back he was worried that Sunday night they did not come home and the kids had school the next day she was not answering calls. Monday came and she was living with her new boyfriend with the kids and had enrolled them into another school. I admit that he had faults as a husband but that was really immature of her and hurtful to take the kids away and have them live with a man she only knew for 2 months. I feel for you

• "I want you to be my friend and my white night, but we can't date" word for fucking word, needless to say, I'm taking a little time off

• I was called a Fat, ugly, pathetic loser but she was/is right.

• I gathered the balls to tell her I liked her and she just took my number and never contacted me. I would rather her slap me in the face or ball tao me then be kept in mystery. If she didn't plan on contacting me she didn't have to take my number.

• Some people don't have the heart to reject people though

• Well too bad I've rejected plenty of ppl. Its better to be straight with ppl.