Why does it make me shallow to find cellulite disgusting?

To me it's a deal breaker and very unattractive. Girls call me shallow for this but it's just like any other quality a person may not find attractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is not shallow. It's a preference. There's nothing wrong with it.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm assuming you're talking about A LOT of cellulite. Cellulite that's been acquired due to an unhealthy lifestyle isn't attractive, you're right. However, the presence of cellulite can be genetic, as in, some women have no control over it. I've met women who are thinner than me, but have more dimples on the back of their legs than I do! To some, your issue with cellulite could be superficial. Do you expect to grow old with a woman? If so, prepare yourself for old lady cellulite- the best kind! You're entitled to your opinion but just remember that no one's perfect.

• everyone has their own deal breaker whether they vocalize it or not... I think the reason you are being called shallow is the fact you are being open and honest about yours. its not at all fair but people are born to judge. I dont think it makes you shallow.. unless you are being a total jerk about it or you are in love with a girl and dump her the minute she gets cellulite (without giving her a chance to rid herself of it, which can be done) then no you are shallow you just dont find it to be attractive and that is perfectly okay

• Some chicks think certain personality traits/opinions are unattractive turn offs. Personally I find a nice personality sexier than a handsome face but fat people are gross to me as well. Genetics has nothing to do with whether you are in tune with your body or not. and take care of yourself. Clean wholesome food, exercise, good attitude, etc make people attractive

• As long as it's not a deal breaker it's not shallow

• It is every girls nightmare. Quite unsightly!
    I wanna know why guys don't get it as much as we do?
    BTW, my fam is blessed. We pretty much never get cellulite, but we can wrinkle up in the face a tad.

• Yes. It does make you shallow. I hope that your body is completely perfect, if you're going to judge others so harshly.

• Cellulite is nasty, makes you look old.

• Nobody likes cellulite, it does not look nice. But not wanting someone just because of that is a bit harsh. Hopefully you look like a model lol

• Well not dating someone because of the way they look is always shallow but I don't blame you. It looks disgusting.

• so would you date someone who's 350lbs and always has ugly hair?
      There's shallow than there's having standards.

What Guys Said 1

• I agree that it's a turn off. some people on here worry about stretch marks but cellulite is defiantly much worse.