Why am I the one who's insecure when he's the one who's lying?

I mean come on! Why am I called insecure when he/bf is lying about his whereabouts - why is the responsibility switched onto me, as if i'm the one who's at fault, when he is lying?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are at fault. You know he is lying about his whereabouts but you remain his girlfriend. I fault for that. As for him lying, he switches onto you because you let him. There isn't a consequence that will make him rethink his lying and because of that he will continue to. He will not change his behavior as long as you remain the person he can continue lying to. No matter how many times you forgive him, if his actions are the same as before (lying) then he will continue calling YOU insecure. Respect yourself and dont be in a unhealthy relationship.

• Look at my comment below

• It doesn't give him the right to lie just because you don't say something. I mean you're shifting his wrong behaviour onto me - no matter whether i say something or if i dont, he's still the one's lyibh

What Guys Said 2

• Intuition is often mistaken for insecurity. Thus, people have a propensity to believe that insecurity is at fault.

• Because you're insecure about yourself or lack confidence. He knows that and is taking advantage of it. If you KNOW he is lying, then you need to get out of that relationship. Who knows what else he is lying abou tthat you DON'T know about.

• I'm not talking about my relationship, yeah obviously i need to get out. That's for sure. But i've just noticed that people in here judge the one who isn't lying. I don't lack in confidence, yet i'm called insecure when I tell people that HE is the one who's lying.

It just weird, because it doesn't make me insecure that my partner lies. If i stay with him, yes, but it shouldn't make me insecure to point out a problem, and it's like people get in defense mode and say "bs you're the problem, not him, what do you expect, he doesn't have to tell you everything"

What Girls Said 1

• He's taking advantage of you! He's trying to twist his way into making you think that he hasn't done anything wrong :/