Guys my age don't want a relationship, why?

I just recently noticed that most guys or almost every single one of them my age (16,17,18) don't want a relationship. Why is that? They just wanna hook up and that's it. I don't know I'm just wondering haha cuz I'm trying to find a boyfriend but it's impossible! Ahhhh 😁 somebody answer :D

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I personally grew up with the romanticized idea of monogamy, but if I could go back in time, I would smack myself in the head for thinking that I was mature enough at that time to have been capable of handling a relationship.

Nope, I wouldn't really recommend it under the age of 20.

Why do you need a boyfriend anyways? There is no point to a relationship if you're not invested in each other. Like, it helps to actually know the person, and getting into a relationship with them because you actually like them based on what you know about them, and the feeling is mutual. Not just to "have a boyfriend". That's silly.

• But that is a better way of approaching it than a hookup. I rather endorse a young monogamous relationship than a fling.

• @Downanddepressed, I agree.

• @downanddepressed @jesseray it's a whole new movement that relationships are seen as "casual fun" with no commitment, and all this friends with benefits fuckbuddy stuff going on. I'm not sure where it came from, possibly "popular culture" aka the media.

What Guys Said 11

• They want to hook up and nothing more because girls reward them for doing so. They reward them by having one girl fuck them, then another, then another, then another. Girls volunteer to be part of a pussy carousel. Young guys, flooded with testosterone and therefore largely compelled by a very strong sex drive, do not want to step off the carousel. Despite what the carousel girls might think, these guys do not respect them, which makes it nigh impossible for these guys to truly feel love for them. All the while, these girls distract guys from forming healthy relationships. You can blame bad parenting as well as feminism and its "sexual liberation" nonsense for this corruption of western civilizations.

• Also, you can blame women who argue that young guys aren't mature enough, and therefore refrain from blaming young guys for their bad behavior. Young guys are fully capable of understanding what they're doing. I know, because I used to be one who understood.

• most guys are like that at that age. We have to be taught that sex isn't as easy to get as we'd like, and learn to control ourselves and compromise by offering relationships. 'tis the way of things...

• I'm right here, at my home playin games. actually your problem is you are seeking and with seeking I mean you go outside (there's lots of creatures outside), look up for any good looking guy and pick those first who seem to give you attention. that's the logic, if you seek for something and you get one offered halfway, then you pick it. after you pick it you see "hm this is not what I expected it to be" and if this repeats often enough you will start believing that this is actually what you seeked for. I also seeked, got some bullshit, some experience out of it. you have to decide between experience or unspoiled psyche

• At this age most of guys just wabt to have girls and talk to them and have new girl everytime... But I have never been interested in having a gf but if I like I girl I can be in a Relationship with her.. BUT IT is very hard for me to like a girl.. I like a girl apon his beauty but love her because of her good nature...

• Because after having a relationship in that age range I realized how much of a waste of time they are during your teens.

• well if you are looking for long term relationship you will need to find some one at least 10 years or older then you why most guy your age are not ready for such a relationship women generally mature about 10 faster then a guy most guys by there late 20. s have there act togeather

• Because your young, why get in a relationship when the have a flock of women to choose from. What till you get older and it's not as easy for them to hook up. Then they will be looking for a steady relationship

• Because you are still kids for christ sake! Thats why!

• You might as well ask why girls WANT a relationship. It's evolution, it's in our genes.

You want a relationship. Guys want lots of sex.

• Its because the females these days allow guys to hook up with them without haveing to commit its very sad.

• I had a girlfriend when I was on the 8 grade.
    We almost completed 2 years of relationship.
    You just need to find the right guy

What Girls Said 5

• They're young. Guys do take longer to mature up than females do, just watch a male and female toddler of the same age in different situations. Guys your age usually want to go out partying and sleep with a lot of girls. They don't want to settle into serious relationships so young. But there are a lot of guys around that age who are very much relationship people and are mature enough for one.

• Not all of them are mature enough at these ages to understand what it takes to make a relationship works. Also hormones are running wild and free during puberty and guys wanna try stuff haha. I think you shouldn't think so much about it and wait. The right guy who will want a relationship will come. :) Even though you may not call yourself a kid, we still are kids who dream of being adults, but don't want the adult's responsibilities. There's plenty of time to find a boyfriend :)

• You look 21. Most guys at that age are shy or have anxiety problems or prefer the xbox or computer instead. You loook suited for a hi tech gamer type boyfriend.

• Generally, guys will be ready for a relationship only when are financially independent. Till then its all just shallow. Its not impossible to find love at your age, but its rare.

• Because they want relationship things without the title.. basically a friends with benefits