Should I get upset if the guy I'm dating doesn't hangout with me every weekend?

We've been dating for two months and he's only free on the weekends (Saturday/sunday) and I really want to spend time with him and this Saturday he wants to go shopping with his female friend and I'm not worried about that cause she has a boyfriend but why can't he spend that day with me? we did hangout last weekend and the week before that:(is it wrong that I'm upset?

Most Helpful Guy

• He should have a schedule reserved for you and him to spend
    quality time together and I don't know it i had a girlfriend if i would
    be comfortable with her going shopping with a male friend it would
    piss me off maybe I'm wrong. You have right to be upset over him
    he needs to have a regular schedule for you and him to spend
    time together the worse thing is to have irregular schedule for
    you and him to go by

What Guys Said 4

• This is actually a really interesting question. I had an immediate answer in mind when I read the title, then as I started reading the rest it changed completely.

Should you get upset that the guy you are dating doesn't hang out with you every weekend?
    No. You should not.

Should you be upset because you only see your guys on the weekend, and he is spending some of that time to be alone with another girl and did not invite you to come too?
    Yes. You most certainly should. You have every reason to be upset with this situation.

It is true he will feel smothered if you want to have him spend all of his free time with you. And he should have some time for 'guy time'. Every guy needs that.

But going shopping with a girl? That is "boyfriend work". That is not 'guy time'. He most likely has some feelings for her, even though she has a boyfriend. He is most likely going to try and be very smooth, show what a wonderful, funny, supportive guy he is. There is absolutely no reason why he couldn't have invited you along, unless he wanted to impress the girl. She can do her shopping with you there. He can do any shopping he feels like doing with you there. That right there is a big ol' flag.

So I don't think you have the right to have 'all of his weekends', he needs some time to himself. But you are right to be upset if he is choosing the spend that personal time alone with another girl.

• No its not wrong. He should have some days to be with friends, but shopping with a girl (In my mind) is something that is reserved for the girlfriend only (unless on certain occasions like dresses for a wedding or something). And why can't you go with? You 2 and the other 2 go together? Might be fun.

• HOW DARE HE not spend EVERY weekend or moment of free time of his with YOU?

• That depends. Do you two hang out during the week? Surly he's not going shopping the whole weekend?

What Girls Said 2

• God, i hate that too. Well, usually doesn't mean anything too serious. Better be the better person and show patience.

• No girl you dont want to hang out with him all the time cause then he'll feel smothered and then he will dump you. give him some space and time to himself or his family and friends.