Do guys prefer a girl to wear a dress vs shirt/jeans on a date?

I've heard it's better to wear a casual dress on a first date but I feel more comfortable in a cute top and jeans. Just curious as to what other guys on here think.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 13

• First of all, even the more sexually experienced and sexually desensitized men have a difficult time (during the initial stages of dating) resisting the urge to see a woman "sexually." And once a guy sees you sexually, during the early stages of dating (before you've had sex yet), it's all one big acceptance and validation confirmation question as to whether you're "also" sexually interested in him.. that he loses sight of the rest of you. And then, after you've both had sex, that fog will clear, and he'll be like, "Woah, who is this person here?" If that's how you prefer to set the stage for your new relationship, then definitely go with the cute top girlfriend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeRRfZudseU

Otherwise, I would wear something that's cotton, soft, snuggly, casual, comfortable... COMFORTABLE... and just keep things low pressure. Let him focus on your face and you. Don't make yourself nervous and feel like you have to show off your legs, or butt, or boobs, just to keep him interested in you. If that's what you need to do to keep him interested in you, then... (I'm just joking, those are usually BS self-serving statements that push for the point we want to hear, but you get the idea).

• I always prefer a girl to be in a dress, BUT... I'm fine if she is only wearing jeans, as long as it's appropriate (i. e., not going out to a nice restaurant, etc.). While I have my preferences, this kind of thing is far from being of primary importance to me.

• Not really a "jeans" guy at all. Dresses are "okay" too, but for me I think it has to be a tank top with a jean jacket, a short skirt and boots. That just screams hotness for the first date and would get me interested immediately.

• It doesn't mater to me either way. I'm 99% likely to think you look great in whatever you're wearing. Unless you're wearing combat boots.

• I think a girl wearing shirt and jeans is pretty for a date if she wears dress not problem either
    just as long as we don't go on date with her wearing her birthday suit is all that matters to me
    that can be bit embarrassing to me

• jeans... who gives a sh*t about being girly? LOL

• I always prefer girls in jeans and t-shirts.

• Wear what makes you feel comfortable and confident.

• I honestly like it when girls do wear nice casual dresses. It makes them look more feminine. But jeans and cute shirt are cool too. Gives the date a more "casual" feel.

• Dresses are hella old fashioned...

• No one cares either pedophile keep your rudeness to yourself please

• I'm a pedophile for answering the question? what a pathetic shitbag you are. seriously you're 50+ and you act like a 12 year old... smh.

• I don't care what she wears really. Dresses make it easier to fuck her though.

Lift and stick

• A dress sounds formal and I've never been on a formal date. I'd be fine with what ever makes her comfortable wearing.

• Shirt and jeans, all the way

What Girls Said 1

• I always go to dates with the clothing piece that I feel comfortable with. Usually, jeans and a t shirt on it. That is it.