Girls, how often should we, guys, do these things when dating?

A. How often should we text you? Should it be almost every minute? Or perhaps the everyday "what's up?/how are you?" text is enough? or would you prefer a guy text you just a few times in a week?

B. How often should we go out with you? Should every weekend be enough? Or something more often than that? Should we always ask you out or would girls want to make the plans once in a while?

This is assuming that we dont see each other everyday.

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, well for me...

Texting a few times a week is cool, or even every day is fine. Hopefully he's okay without instant replies and constant texting, though. I really can't do the 24/7 texting thing, it just wears me out and there's too much going on for me to do that. One guy I dated was into that, and a lot of "good morning beautiful" and "good night sweetheart" texts, and while it was sweet at first, I found out I really don't like it all the time. Those words start to lose meaning, and I like some space. Plus, when you text all the time it's like conversations get recycled and I have nothing to say after a while lol.

Going out every weekend works, or sometime in the week when we're both free. Doesn't always need to be 'out', just hanging out and chilling, spending some time together is great. Making dinner together is always fun. I ask too, and like making plans.

What Girls Said 5

• In my case, a few times in a week is good because I'm not that huge on texting everyday (plus I feel I'm bad at initiating texting so I need to get in the habit of taking the lead now and then) but it wouldn't hurt every so often to hear from my date, especially if where both interested! :)

As for going out, every weekend is a good start but build up to however many days you have available or either when both parties have free time. For some reason, I've always seen the guy always making plans but sometimes I find myself wanting to make plans to do something too. I wouldn't always rely on the guy to make the plans. Also making plans together would be good too!

• If we're dating or you are really into me. You are texting me every day good morning. And when I reply you reply. Vice versa. We see eachother as many times as we can. Talk on the phone. Follow all social media accounts. No secrets. If you love me like I love you youd understand

• texting every day is good, but not every minute. If you do that, what will you have left to talk about when you see each other? it depends on the relationship, you take your cues from the other person too. but disappearing for days on end is uncool, you cause the girl stress then. if you're bf/gf you should at least send a text every day or 2. with seeing each other: usually we do once or twice in the weekend, and once or twice during the week... so 2-4 times per week. that way you see each other frequently but can also see other friends.

• I think a guy should text a girl at least 1 to 3 times a day. or call once or twice a day.

• Texting every day would be nice but I don't need every minute texts. Just maybe in the morning (like a good morning is always cute) and in the evening asking about day is also good. I do not like guys who disappear for days on end :( It makes me feel sad and like I'm not important. Plus all the times that have happened to me it turns out the guys never liked me so I associate that behavior with a guy not being interested in me.

Going out is different. Depends on context and environment. I'm at uni and go home most weekends but I think 2-3 times a week would be great assuming he's at uni with me. Maybe even a sleep over every week but I don't know people do things different here at uni. But if you're not at uni then every weekend is good yes. I think a girl should also organize dates. I always do. I don't let the guy do all the planning for dates. It needs to be 50./50.

What Guys Said 1

• Good question! I've been wondering too lol..